• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have a little theory that Towers is jinxed when in comes to a woodie, something always comes up that causes the plans to fall through. If the Smiler crash was what made Merlin get cold feet (again) on wood then I'm not really surprised.

The problem is people like to group things, it's natural. However the difference between my favourite and second favourite woodie is immense, one is a fairly modern (2007) creation and bears little resemblance to the old, rickety pieces of wood nailed together which seems extremely fragile from 1958. Woodies get grouped, but as above they shouldn't really. Worst woodie I have ridden is from 1999, not some ancient heap.

Looks like towers have just announced sw8 :p
Screenshot_2015-12-29-18-00-20_zpsdewpou6f.png

Well, I've never seen that coaster in the background before ;)

Anyone know what it is? Thought collosus at first but it has a red track. Looks like its an old image (pre smiler crash) and they have just tried to cover the smiler with whatever they could find (either that, or they forgot what it looked like - anyone remember the scarefest promotional image where it had only two rows?)

I have a feeling SW8 will not just be happening a year later in 2018, but all original concepts have been cancelled (and the park has gone back to the drawing board).

Whilst it was hoped we would see a RMC or GG in the cross valley (and the forbidden flats replaced), it's possible we may see something like a dark ride now (depending how successful WC16 at Thorpe is) and it either on coaster corner or replacing Charlie.

With coaster corner being such a sensitive area it is the ideal place for lots of indoor attractions.

I'd love to see a huge dark ride rather than a new coaster.

But it'll be a dark ride built by Merlin. *shudders*

Looks like towers have just announced sw8 :p
Screenshot_2015-12-29-18-00-20_zpsdewpou6f.png

Well, I've never seen that coaster in the background before ;)

Honestly is it not about time that they had a major brand overhaul?

The slide coming out of the Towers, a wonky Oblivion, a vekoma track Nemesis.....same old, same old.

They've been using these same amateur looking photo shopped resort promotional images for NINE seasons now.

It's rather boring now and frankly very dated. If they ever do build SW8 I really hope it brings with it a new brand identity.

I'm hoping the crash and the negative impact it has had on the park will force them to give the place a re-brand. The current brand has become outdated very quickly.

Hopefully... Its given them a kick up the arse to just run the place how it should be run. Upkeep and maintenance mainly.

Reactions: Ash
The slide coming out of the Towers, a wonky Oblivion, a vekoma track Nemesis.....same old, same old.
I wonder why they do this, wouldn't it be easier to actually take photos of the rides? Is it false advertising considering that you can't actually ride that coaster in the background?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.