• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This may not nesscarily be a tame ride, a lot of those turns could indeed be inversions. I think the ride is a wooden coaster of somesort. The slightly inclined lift hill seems like somesort of launch I'm not sure though, the turn at the top seems too tight to have anything too high speed mind. We'll just have to sit and wait. :p

The flume turnaround could be a reversed version of the step up under flip thing whatever it is (no idea what the proper name is :p) on the joker after the first drop.

I hope this has an inversion just so the park can have a coaster which inverts for smaller children. That's whats been missing since corkscrew went in my opinion.

This could be very interesting. I would imagine we will be seeing a very different mutiny bay with a big open plaza. Could be great.

Family thrill all the way here. I don't foresee any major airtime or inversions

I think we have to take the layout as a rough guide on what to expect really. This isn't a planning application in full and I would cautiously suggest they haven't finished on layout planning yet otherwise they would just as likely submit a full application (these applications are almost a "is it worth us wasting our time on this" question to planners and the council.

We will see.
I agree I don't believe the layout is final. This application doesn't need to show us the final track layout, and Alton knew we would find this application. They have mislead us before and I believe they are doing so again.

Random labels like "preshow?" and "super peak q?" don't even need to be on there... Yet they are. I don't think that is an accident.

228871d273f2ca5827894632dab0fa38.png

It seems odd that they aren't putting more track in this largely empty area given how short the ride is.

Makes you think it isn't really an sw in the old sense and it's just Merln abusing the title again
Or that this isn't the final layout. On paper though, air and oblivion look quite boring. Can't say this won't be secret weapon tag worthy until we know the details of the ride.

Here we go again:

First images of a No Limits 2 recreation. Lots of liberties taken, but it is to scale based on the plans so you can see how big it is. I'm guessing the first drop goes in to a tunnel, given the elevations of the ground and those highlighted on the plan.

26525735312_bc56b5ecdb_h.jpg

The lift hill changes angle so that it can clear the brake run, before heading to the high point of the ride. A bit unusual, is this the world's first element :p

26592488176_f8ba4db920_h.jpg

Sorry, but I've no 3D objects yet, but you can see where the Log Flume station is from the plans. I'm not sure whether they will completely drain the lake, or just shrink it. I know it's not much to go on, but I quite like the plans, a bit like an El Toro (Freizeitpark Plohn).

So after a while of fiddling around with no limits 2 I've made a rough interpretation of the plans
130d608bc680823102efeff681437b26.jpg
1d36f5355979da63318202d143f257f9.jpg
d66854d51fbeb025379838869cd2ac9e.jpg
faa409607b93a3c961ef03b5ca5353b6.jpg
first thing I want to say is the ride time is really short the track length is around 2100ft and the ride doesn't reach any high speeds. I personally hope this isn't all there is to it
I could possibly turn it into an rmc if anyone is interested but i don't know how that could work
Edit: the step up underflip looks good
c13a5a21a669dafade15b13d84e6f58d.jpg

Last edited:
World's first B&M hybrid launch wooden inverted coaster :rolleyes:

World's first multi looping wooden coaster

Looks like a launch to me, maybe a multi launch coaster? Would do me.
also doesn't mack have an agreement for a coaster restaurant and a ride too? Could be a back to back investment.

For me if it's fun it's a good secret weapon, thirteen was not a bad coaster it's was badly marketed as the new nemesis

I doubt it will be duelling but that would certainly be good fun. Either this will be over hyped or something is hidden

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.