• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
From a marketing perspective, outside of the enthusiast community at least, and arguably in it, a World First B&M 4D coaster would be absolutely world class.

I really love wooden coasters, do I want one of those RMCs at towers? No. I don't. Especially not the ones that divide opinion so much charging through the absolutely stunning and peaceful valley. They just are not classy enough for Towers, especially that area.

Would I complain at one? No lol. It's a new coaster, of course not :D

However, I would much rather see something B&M. Nemesis, Air (arguably) and Oblivion. The parks halcyon moments. Even air was astonishing when it was built.

I remember the wonder of those 3 rides, The Smiler is great, but it doesn't create that. The idea of it is also perfect really to give the park a bit of "normal" with Rita.

However, it's time for something monumental again. Something that makes the world sit up and notice. Something to put Towers back on the global map.

With an RMC? Hardly.

However, it's time for something monumental again. Something that makes the world sit up and notice. Something to put Towers back on the global map.

With an RMC? Hardly.

Of course, I totally forgot that we were glued to our screens for the development of Outlaw Run. Many of us had never heard of Kolmarden until Wildfire was announced, and let's not forget that each of their conversion projects has drawn much enthusiasm and attention towards them.

With the potential that RMC would have at Towers, the true vision of the best roller coaster ever created would have to be constructed elsewhere to draw attention away from it. The world would be watching if Towers got an RMC in that valley.

I don't disagree it would garner attention @Danny at all. But they're cropping up all over the place now. And we're talking earliest 2017, how many more will there be by then?

Some pretty monster coasters have been converted now, and continue to be developed, another 2 years at the rate these are springing up is a long time.

Am I the only one that would just like an absolute monster of a proper modern clean crisp classy woodie, or something new and monstrous from B&M, rather than an RMC?

Am I the only one that would just like an absolute monster of a proper modern clean crisp classy woodie, or something new and monstrous from B&M, rather than an RMC?

Not at all, plenty of us have displayed desire to have a woodie in general at Towers which doesn't necessarily have to be manufactured by RMC. Heck, even the B&M stand up concept for Katanga as SW7 could have been interesting (and let's be honest, less painful and less exposed concrete).

It doesn't even have to be B&M. I'd quite happily accept something quirky from Mack or a baby Skyrush from Intamin.

I agree with @TheMaus in saying that I'd prefer something like a proper GCI or Intamin woodie (or even a new B&M/Mack/Intamin for a steel) rather than a RMC. However if it were to be built and to be a success, then perhaps maybe we could see more wooden coasters in the future with even one in the traditional sense?

It's wishing thinking of course, but that's just an idea.

For me an RMC is an awkward choice because it would w a stark reminder of what we could have had with the fabled planned woodies for the valley. If I had to pick between classic wood or an RMC though I'd definitely go RMC all the way, they're just better for the custom layout that a park like Alton calls for. That and they ride like glass.

I know SWs are usually reserved for large rollercoasters, but would anybody be disappointed with a large scale investment in entertainment, like instead of spending the £12million on a rollercoaster spend in on a largish venue, possible a lake show ( once did have a rather good one), or even a parade (again i hear they had a decent one back in the day). They have many possible characters, i imagine they have locations that they are unable to build too much on due to the sound of screams and so on.

This will not happen to this scale but i sure do hope there are more shows to come in the future!

Done right a woodie could be more exciting that a B&M 4D and still have a lower height limit for riders. I wasn't thst impressed with the 4D at Magic Mountain and Swarm at Thorpe isn't thst great either and the market research said the same....

I highly doubt they'd lump for a 4D B&M. For the GP it will seem too similar to The Swarm and that was badly received according to Merlin so I really can't see them delving down that route again.

I know SWs are usually reserved for large rollercoasters, but would anybody be disappointed with a large scale investment in entertainment, like instead of spending the £12million on a rollercoaster spend in on a largish venue, possible a lake show ( once did have a rather good one), or even a parade (again i hear they had a decent one back in the day). They have many possible characters, i imagine they have locations that they are unable to build too much on due to the sound of screams and so on.

This will not happen to this scale but i sure do hope there are more shows to come in the future!
I would be disappointed, not because I don't want those things but burning the same amount of money on a show as a SW would be a very poor investment. Alton don't need to create entertainment that rivals Disney, they just need to invest in basic facility's (like other parks in Europe) then continue to invest and improve.

Done right a woodie could be more exciting that a B&M 4D and still have a lower height limit for riders. I wasn't thst impressed with the 4D at Magic Mountain and Swarm at Thorpe isn't thst great either and the market research said the same....

The ZacSpins hardly count, also they are made by Intamin whose only other true model of "winged" coaster didn't exactly go well...

A B&M 4D would be insane, it would be way smoother than X2 was, and that went straight into my top 10 when I rode it despite me generally disliking rough coasters. B&M would refine it to perfection, the opportunities would be limitless for thrills.

Still, I'd prefer an RMC or GCI though.

The ZacSpins hardly count, also they are made by Intamin whose only other true model of "winged" coaster didn't exactly go well...

A B&M 4D would be insane, it would be way smoother than X2 was, and that went straight into my top 10 when I rode it despite me generally disliking rough coasters. B&M would refine it to perfection, the opportunities would be limitless for thrills.

Still, I'd prefer an RMC or GCI though.

Who mentioned ZacSpins? X2 is at Magic Mountain and I'm pretty sure that's what was being referred to!

I do think a B&M 4D would be perfect for Towers. It would be going back to the days that brought Towers their best coasters; adding the latest innovations from the world's best coaster manufacturer. The whole theme park world would stop and look at Towers if they got the first B&M 4D.

Do I realistically think it will happen though? Not any more. I'm sure that somewhere along the lines they (or at least Wardley) will have spoken to B&M about it. However the cost would be huge and we don't know when it is going to be ready for purchase yet.

I can't see Towers getting a GCI woodie either. It does look like an RMC could be the most likey choice at this moment in time. All should be revealed later this year!

:)

As one of the few enthusiasts not particularly enamoured with the RMC style ride, my reservations on the ride type existing at Towers are naturally slightly on the side of caution...

That being said, Blade/Ripsaw removal for the next ride is something I've heard before, in addition to a new flat ride to go with the rumoured RMC...

Only real issue I have is that it makes Valley packed of coasters and little else... Similar to Dark Forest's current situation really, only the rides in FV are actually good...

It was X2 I was thinking of at Magic Mountain, not the Green Lantern (which is a fun filler ride not worth more than a 15 minute queue), X2 was good and very different, but there are still better coasters around.

Where would Towers find the Space for a 4D anyway? The trains would be too wide to go in the woods or valley really and I don't think they could get the height anywhere else, unless it went on the car park next to air? At least a wooden coaster can go in the woods and blend in better, plus it would only be two seats wide, not four seats and track wide.

Where would Towers find the Space for a 4D anyway? The trains would be too wide to go in the woods or valley really and I don't think they could get the height anywhere else, unless it went on the car park next to air? At least a wooden coaster can go in the woods and blend in better, plus it would only be two seats wide, not four seats and track wide.

I think SW8 is likely to go on the car park behind Air regardless of what it is. Any coaster that goes in or near to the valley is extremely unlikely to be granted planning permission in my opinion.

I can't see Towers getting a GCI woodie either. It does look like an RMC could be the most likey choice at this moment in time. All should be revealed later this year!

I don't think we'll be hearing what the ride will be this year - at least, not officially. Having said that, we could likely hear strong rumours from people in the know, and would be unlikely to be written here.

I don't think we'll be hearing what the ride will be this year - at least, not officially. Having said that, we could likely hear strong rumours from people in the know, and would be unlikely to be written here.

If it is for 2017 they will need to submit a planning application in Autumn of this year. If they don't then we will have another Smiler on our hands!

It was X2 I was thinking of at Magic Mountain, not the Green Lantern (which is a fun filler ride not worth more than a 15 minute queue), X2 was good and very different, but there are still better coasters around.

Yeah, no idea why I presumed you meant Green Lantern. I wouldn't class the ZacSpins as 4D anyway, they're more a glorified flat ride than a coaster. X2 on the other hand...the valley would allow for such insane drops as are found on that as well...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.