• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
^no, I did think when I was posting that 'oh god I'm going to sound like one of those crazy people who pretends to know someone in the industry' haha. I jump around a lot of different forums and it's just the same thing that has popped up time and time again, and whilst I think anything being built actually in the valley is far fetched an RMC is the most likely candidate for a 2017 SW considering their growing popularity.

Funny how it's always new members who have inside knowledge. And yet all the usual people in the know have said nothing, even off the record...

He hasn't actually said he's got inside knowledge, it's more an aggregated opinion garnered from multiple sources.

Thirteen was a 4D B&M. Then it was a prototype B&M with a spinner in the tent. Then it was an airtime filled white knuckle thrill ride. Then it had a tilt. Then it had a 4D, world class dark ride bit. Then it was a family coaster with a drop track and some decent lighting.

Smiler was a 4D B&M on the Flume site. Then it had a 'washing machine'.

Just because something is heavily rumoured, doesn't mean it's true, people make stuff up and it spreads. It could be a RMC or 4D B&M and rumours are fun but after a while it gets boring.

On the plus side if it is for 2017 we should probably have news soon.

I think there is something in this. RMC won't go away. They have also said themselves that they have plans for the UK that are almost confirmed (well pretty much said that). It won't be Thorpe as they are getting a major dark ride next year. That only really leaves Towers as a realistic option.

Of course things can change. SW7 was not meant to be a Gerstlauer looping coaster in X-Sector.

:)

Funny how it's always new members who have inside knowledge. And yet all the usual people in the know have said nothing, even off the record...

To be fair, nadroJ is a fairly well respected member over on Coasterforce, so I'm more inclined to believe her than the washing machine guy from the Smiler!

This isn't the first rumour of Ripsaw or Blade being moved for a station either. I think they do need to be careful that not all the flat rides get removed though!

I don't think we need to worry about all the flats being removed, Heave Ho isn't going anywhere anytime soon ;)

The RMC rumour is certainly the most vocal rumour going at the moment - which is better than the usual B&M 4D nonsense. I have a hard time imagining a launched wooden coaster, and would honestly rather a decent woodie like Wodan if not the scrapped 'cross valley woodie' from almost ten years ago.

I agree with a launched woodie being a bit of an awkward concept, but on an RMC I could really see that working well, they don't really ride like wood as they're too smooth. The only issue I'd have with it is you'd have to incorporate some kind of headrest to soften to launch which in my opinion would ruin the 'freeness' of a typical woodie train, and hence you might as well just use steel and be done with it!

The only issue I'd have with it is you'd have to incorporate some kind of headrest to soften to launch which in my opinion would ruin the 'freeness' of a typical woodie train, and hence you might as well just use steel and be done with it!
Not necessarily, assuming that any launch will be fairly slow (both in terms of top speed and probably acceleration too).

Definitely, but I still maintain that a launch even as gradual as Cheetah Hunt still warrants some kind of head/neck support.

Blade is in an awkward area to have a station and the start of a coaster. I would think Ripsaw would be the one to go for a station.

A woodie could be a possibility for 2017 (RMC would be great for Towers), although so could anything else at this stage. It's an interesting suggestion/rumour though. Doubt the launch bit though, would rather gimmicks like that be avoided and we just get a good solid ride that amazes.

^but Merlin love a gimmick, what will their marketing department do without one? Although a woodie/hybrid is a gimmick in itself so there is that.

I also agree that Ripsaw makes more sense with regards to station positioning, just sad that Alton's flats are slowly dwindling away to nothing, would love to see them invest in some newer flat ride technology, at the moment it's very much stuck in the nineties!

A woodie could be a possibility for 2017 (RMC would be great for Towers), although so could anything else at this stage. It's an interesting suggestion/rumour though. Doubt the launch bit though, would rather gimmicks like that be avoided and we just get a good solid ride that amazes.

I'm not interested in a launch, although knowing Towers and Merlin they'd rather a ride with a 'USP' than something which is world-renowned for being good. Hopefully for once they'll consider getting something genuinely amazing rather than a novelty that'll wear off in a few years.

I'll be honest and say given the recent worldwide trend in wooden coasters (hell, look at how much attention Tayto Park is getting!), my money will go on RMC as opposed to a B&M 4D/Mack Mega Coaster or other wishful thinking.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.