• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Mutiny Bay Courtyard Refurbish and New F&B Outlet

Although Alton Towers had never publicly announced this restaurant, it is now not opening for 2018, as TowersStreet have just reported on their Facebook page.

I find it disappointing that this is the case, give the major new attraction next door.

DKoRc93VoAAJ-yc.jpg

So that's why they moved the Smokehouse from the old flume station to the Courtyard - so they could not build it for another year...

They had to delay something in 2018, didn't they? When Wicker Man was going so well and was on schedule for a 17th March opening, they just had to delay this.

Totally didn't see that one coming! :p

Bitterly disappointing though, and I am sure Towers management feel the same. We no longer will get to enjoy nice cuts of meat, just cuts to the budgets.

:)

To my knowledge, this is purely an Alton Towers decision and the outlet may open in future.

I'm optimistic that they might have diverted money to Wicker Man. But for all we know, the money could be part of Nick Varney's Christmas bonus.

Is it still set up for Scarefest? Or does it look like they've converted it into the Smokehouse then decided to keep it closed because that's what they seem to do with all the food outlets these days? :p

Another fail! HA!!!

But lets be honest - it looked crap anyway and didn't fit in with the area. The courtyard works so much better as an extension to the Tavern for outdoor alcoholic enjoyment. The grab n go food outlets already there suit the purpose just fine.

I suppose it is better to keep the courtyard bbq closed and ensure all the other food outlets are open this year and then make a decision if guest numbers have increased enough and which food outlets work best. Hopefully with no courtyard bbq (or smokehouse) then Towers St Grill will be open for most of the 2018 as well as more of the smaller kiosks that were closed in 2017.

I'd imagine they will open the Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay to make up for this. So more of the same old crap!

I'd imagine they will open the Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay to make up for this. So more of the same old crap!

I can see why it is a better business decision to have a second/third outlet using the same stock of course, especially while there is a little uncertainty over how guest numbers will be this year.
Personally I would rather have Burger Kitchen for quick food and then Towers Street Grill for something better instead of the Courtyard. As at least at Towers Street you can sit inside :)

I can see why it is a better business decision to have a second/third outlet using the same stock of course, especially while there is a little uncertainty over how guest numbers will be this year.
Personally I would rather have Burger Kitchen for quick food and then Towers Street Grill for something better instead of the Courtyard. As at least at Towers Street you can sit inside :)

Of course it makes business sense, all they need to do is buy a little more of the same stock.

Whatever happens in 2018 there is going to be a lack of seating for all of the food options in Mutiny Bay. The Welcoming is being left standing so all of the seating in the Courtyard will be missing. The food outlets that are there will no doubt be busy, so god knows where everyone will sit!

Towers Street Bar & Grill will probably open selling some form of burgers. There aren't enough places to get burgers on park anyway!

Well they had to do something to annoy enthusiasts in 2018, didn't they...

Food quality at the park is pretty poor (with the exception of RCR and Wooodcutters to an extent) so it's a shame this isn't coming.

I guess it's safe to say The Welcoming will be returning in 2018.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk