• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Sorry for double posting, but the royal wedding obviously hasn't stopped people from visiting Alton, because 3 coasters are above 60 minute wait times and it's 11:30am! Spinball and Smiler are both on 65 and WM is on 100! On the positive side, everything's available and Thirteen is only on 15 minutes! Double bonus!
EDIT: Let me rephrase that... everything in the Thrill section is available. Octonauts and Heave Ho are both having reliability issues in the Family section.

Sorry for double posting, but Nemesis now has the longest queue on park at 70 minutes, closely followed by WM at 60!

Had a good time on park today. Wicker Man seems to finally be operating as it should despite the one period of extended downtime. Dispatches are very frequent now and I never stayed still in the queue for long. Nemesis being on one train meant that I couldn't be bothered to queue over an hour of it which is a shame. It was good to see some entertainment on towers street which later begin walking around the lawns and towers themselves, interacting with guests. Overall, a pretty solid day let down by some occasionally iffy operations on some rides and the park closing at 5.

If it was on 2 the queue time would be around 40 min which brings it inline with the other queue times I saw today.
Probably wouldn't have gone above 30, the queue would never have built up that long (in terms of physical length) in the first place.

Sorry am not sure if this is the right place to post but is there anywhere I can quickly see what rides will open at what times? I'm planning to visit Alton Towers in a week's time.

Thanks!

Thanks very much,

I had looked on the official website but for some reason I never thought to look here!

That's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

Presumably staggered openings are going to return, shall find out in 15 minutes when ride times updates, it’d be a nice surprise if they didn’t but i’m not holding my breath.

@Danscott22 The park is seemingly choosing to open 10 - 5 tomorrow, before reverting to 10 - 4 from Tuesday onwards, so it may be that any change doesn't apply to Monday. Maybe, who knows.