• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Presumably staggered openings are going to return, shall find out in 15 minutes when ride times updates, it’d be a nice surprise if they didn’t but i’m not holding my breath.
Worth noting what @Rick said and the fact that a lot of schools have an I service day tomorrow but FYI, appears staggered openings will not occur tomorrow at the very least. Although this could change of course.
636dc4cf3acbc3f7458dbfdd794d5e01.jpg

I'm keeping my fingers cross that these crazy stupid staggered opening times never return.

Knowing my luck, they probably haven't altered the ride times yet and will revert back to the staggered opening times today,

I'm getting the bus so I won't get there until 10:45 anyway, but it's good to know. Now just have to decide what to ride first!

Let's hope it's not too busy next week as well. I'm meeting someone who's never been before so he'll want to ride all the coasters at least once plus maybe Hex and Duel.

Park definitely seemed to run a lot better without the staggered openings over the weekend. I also noticed guests without ERT tickets were being let in just a few minutes after those with ERT access.

Park definitely seemed to run a lot better without the staggered openings over the weekend. I also noticed guests without ERT tickets were being let in just a few minutes after those with ERT access.
Supposedly they now let all guests in during ERT but check passes.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Supposedly they now let all guests in during ERT but check passes.

Isn’t that just because they are too lazy to sort the plaza mess out.

Get the one set of turnstiles that’s never open a new massive sign that says Merlin Passholders and Hotel guests only and set a queue line up, job done. Then 10am open the other side up.

Get the one set of turnstiles that’s never open a new massive sign that says Merlin Passholders and Hotel guests only and set a queue line up, job done. Then 10am open the other side up.
I have to say I agree with them doing it the way they do, people are idiots and don't read signage.

By the time it gets to 10am the plaza is overflowing and becomes dangerously busy, so they have to start letting people in before. The only other way around this is to hold non-ert guests in towers street till 10 as there is more space there, but that requires more admissions staff :p

I was thinking when I was up there - why not install turnstiles at the RCR exit, and only use it for guests with ERT and who have their tickets (as there is already a path leading to it from the hotels where ERT is a perk of staying over). Direct other guests to the main entrance via the monorail.

I was thinking when I was up there - why not install turnstiles at the RCR exit, and only use it for guests with ERT and who have their tickets (as there is already a path leading to it from the hotels where ERT is a perk of staying over). Direct other guests to the main entrance via the monorail.
Because that would make express pointless.

I'm not sure of the opening hours, but TS recently reported that the woodland walk has finally reopened, so hotel guests at least have an alternative to the monorail

I think this is probably something they have looked in to, but it would mean extra costs in terms of entrance staff and security staff. So for the time being it is off the cards.

:)

By the time it gets to 10am the plaza is overflowing and becomes dangerously busy, so they have to start letting people in before. The only other way around this is to hold non-ert guests in towers street till 10 as there is more space there, but that requires more admissions staff :p

They used to do this but you ended up with an unmanageable crowd that turned into a stampede when they dropped the rope which is why it fell out of favour. At least the turnstiles slow people down a bit.

How is Woodland Walk operating? Same as previously?
I used the woodland walk at the weekend to and from the park, you now go past the CBeebies hotel entrance, take a right down the side of the hotel and you will find the wooden bridge down there, we arrived at 9:15 to find the guy already waiting to let people in although it’s supposed to be 9:30.