• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

It is also worth noting that Thorpe park have experienced significantly improved ride reliability this year.

Last Sunday, everything (bar DBGT and I'm a Celeb) was open for around 10:30.

This is a stark improvement on previous visits.

I don't know for sure as I have not been since Wicker Man opening day and it cannot be tracked online, however it appears from complaints online that the Monorail is frequently not opening on time in the mornings (or at all, as I say I am not sure). Unsure if this is because of a technical or staffing problem.

:)

I would rather Towers be honest and have advertised staggered openings, like originally planned. At least guests can plan out their day that way.

The current approach of Tech Services opening what they can from park opening and guests not knowing what's available just doesn't work.

The sad thing is Wicker Man will bring the guests in, Season Passes will sell well, guest numbers will be higher and will result in higher revenue. 2018 will be deemed a success, and 2019 will see further budget cuts.

We must be nearing breaking point now.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I bring good news! Everything is available!!! Yay! Well done, Towers! I knew you could do it! Now let's keep this up for the rest of the day!
I am all for positivity matt, and try to hold everyone I come in contact with with universal positive regard, but this is becoming tiresome.
The park have not done well today, whatever they do with the rest of the day, operations are not good. It does not deserve congratulations for opening rides late.

If we want to know generally when individual rides are open, you can simply go on the ride times site, updates from you as proxy are not really required.

Operations at the Towers are crap, the cuts, loss of sky ride for the less ambulant, and mismanagement of entry and ride queues means my second favourite park will only get one more visit this year, and only then because it is a freebie.

Time Merlin went, Towers would be better standing on its own feet, opening year round using the fantastic estate that they have, under their own steam.

I am all for positivity matt, and try to hold everyone I come in contact with with universal positive regard, but this is becoming tiresome.
The park have not done well today, whatever they do with the rest of the day, operations are not good. It does not deserve congratulations for opening rides late.

If we want to know generally when individual rides are open, you can simply go on the ride times site, updates from you as proxy are not really required.

Operations at the Towers are crap, the cuts, loss of sky ride for the less ambulant, and mismanagement of entry and ride queues means my second favourite park will only get one more visit this year, and only then because it is a freebie.

Time Merlin went, Towers would be better standing on its own feet, opening year round using the fantastic estate that they have, under their own steam.
OK... sorry.

I'm still positive that operations will improve and Tower's will have a good summer. After all, it's still early in the season and perhaps the number of visitors already this year have jolted them into getting more personnel in the right places over the next few weeks.

A bit harsh. @Matt N was on topic and the conversation was about ride availability.
It's post's like yours that makes newcomers and lurkers reluctant to join in the conversation.

Operations have obviously been dire, and still have some way to go before being up to scratch. However we've seen effort to improve and I see no reason why effort shouldn't be praised. It's better but it's still not good enough.

Always quick to criticise a slip in standards (even when the root cause is unknown e.g when wickermans flames went out), should then be equally quick to praise when things are improved.

In my opinion fantastic might be overstated, and I'd be glad to hear how the operations feel on park (as this isn't captured by ride times). However I'm glad to hear that today is better than yesterday, we can only hope tomorrow is even better. I fear until the new engineers are recruited we will continue to have impacted operations.

Merlin could do some things to improve the situation too. Work on their responses and push for better throughput on operating coasters.

Aww, was looking good for a while but now Wicker Man is down.

Still Nemesis seems to be doing much better on two trains.

Park is open until 6pm today/tomorrow/at the weekend according to the AT website. Was 5pm when I checked last week.

IA bit harsh. @Matt N was on topic and the conversation was about ride availability. It's post's like yours that makes newcomers and lurkers reluctant to join in the conversation.

Indeed. You do not have to agree with everything that everyone posts, that would be boring, but please leave it to the team to decdide whether or not post content is suitable for the thread it is in. Although I do not agree with Matt's positivity on the matter, his posts are inkeeping with the topic of this thread.

I agree! One of the things that makes forums like this great is healthy debate! As nice as it would be if everyone agreed, it wouldn't be a particularly interesting forum to discuss on, would it?

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, nothing is presently unavailable!

On a positive note, I am confident that TripAdvisor/KPI scores will make them act.

They've little choice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It might, we don't really know for sure. All I know is that my sister filled in a KPI on the iPad in the WM Shop and put 0/10 for every category...

Sometimes I forget how young some people on this site are. Jeez imagine only knowing the Merlin era at Towers :(

I'm old enough to fondly remember Thunder Looper and The Beast etc. Mid to late 90's was an amazing time at the park. Even very early 00's with Oblivion's arrival which is older than some posters on here. Jesus I'm old. Hahahaha.

Matt's positivity is a good thing.

Just as a little idea for you all... if you want to see improvement, then why don't we write a letter or start a petition? TowersTimes did it in 2011 over Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship and it worked. Here's a link to the response they received: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29835

I reckon if someone did that, then Nick would use his power and make changes. That letter shows how dedicated he is to his parks, and that he genuinely cares.

Quote from Nick Varney regarding the late 1990s to 2006 period:

"Cost cutting removes shows and contributes to significant falls in customer satisfaction. Family groups fall off again and the park loses its national market".

Looks like costing cutting is doing exactly the same thing again, only this time under his leadership.

Just as a little idea for you all... if you want to see improvement, then why don't we write a letter or start a petition? TowersTimes did it in 2011 over Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship and it worked. Here's a link to the response they received: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29835

I reckon if someone did that, then Nick would use his power and make changes. That letter shows how dedicated he is to his parks, and that he genuinely cares.

Yes, that was me. Gosh was that really all those years ago!

Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship seems like nothing compared to the issues now!