• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

It's not even 11am yet and those queue times are already ridiculous :eek:

This clearly shows that the staggered opening times are not working, they don't allow for dispensation of the guest around the park.

TUSslaO.png

Queue times looking ridiculous today. I can only hope it'll be quieter for my visit tomorrow - although I don't have much hope. Nemesis is still down as of 12:10pm.

Queue close extended to 6pm - see source below:
70w901.png

Last edited:
Nemesis was open when I checked ridetimes earlier, not sure how long it was running for though.

Interesting that WM is supposedly only a 50min wait when 3 other major coasters have substantially longer queues. Are people just not that bothered?

Queue times looking ridiculous today. I can only hope it'll be quieter for my visit tomorrow - although I don't have much hope. Nemesis is still down as of 12:10pm.

Queue close extended to 6pm - see source below:
70w901.png
I suspect it will be quieter tomorrow as many people will be staying at home to watch a certain sporting event.

Where are extended queue time closures communicated on the park though?

I didn’t see anything that would have informed me when I was in the park.

Galactica staff saying queue close extended to 6pm, Nemesis staff saying still 5pm, can't see any official communication.

Longest queue at the minute is 90 minutes... and staggeringly, it's not WM. It's actually Galactica! Wicker Man is the next longest at 40 minutes. Either the park isn't too busy today or Alton's operations are really good, because Galactica was the only ride over 1 hour!

Longest queue at the minute is 90 minutes... and staggeringly, it's not WM. It's actually Galactica! Wicker Man is the next longest at 40 minutes. Either the park isn't too busy today or Alton's operations are really good, because Galactica was the only ride over 1 hour!

Galactica is having issues with one of it's stations so only running one side, earlier on it was running 2 and only had a 30 min queue.

Galactica is having issues with one of it's stations so only running one side, earlier on it was running 2 and only had a 30 min queue.
Ah right. So Galactica is on half capacity due to teething problems. Thanks for the update @Josh!

We found the wait displayed on Ride Times for Galactica was not particularly helpful because the queue for VR vs non-VR was so dramatically different.
Which one was longer, out of interest?