• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Sometimes it's interesting to check ride times and think 'glad im not there today', I mean this summer the queues seem to have been a lot longer than any summer I can remember, perhaps 2013 was a bad one too? This could be to do with operations, eg baggage hold removal and single rider removal though.

@Danscott22 schadenfreude aside...

Perhaps in part, but I do think there's a bit of amnesia in terms of what a big crowd was like at Alton in the not too distant (pre-Smiler) past.

The efforts to flog multi day passes and the continued success of the accomodation also increases dwell time.

Last edited:
I don't really remember too much about operations and business pre-Smiler, as I didn't really visit or check or anything like that, the first time I visited was the year before 13 opened but business 2009-2012 is not something I really know about.

Sometimes it's interesting to check ride times and think 'glad im not there today', I mean this summer the queues seem to have been a lot longer than any summer I can remember, perhaps 2013 was a bad one too? This could be to do with operations, eg baggage hold removal and single rider removal though.

I think it's down to the Wickerman and the insansely low season pass price.

Hex fastrack is included in Gold and Platinum packages. I believe it’s the same entrance as the disabled one, via Cloud Cuckoo Land, brings you in at the fire door next to the ride op in the batching area.