• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It will have 3 trains :)
I hope so. It is also important to note that no. of trains doesn't equal level of throughput. The Smiler *had* 5 vehicles yet it didn't make any difference as opposed to 4.

Same throughput as Th13teen o_O

Yeah, TH13TEEN's theoretical and actual throughput is very good and high. However, it rarely reaches anywhere near this figure as it, for reasons beyond me (perhaps for technical or budget reasons), operates with 2 trains routinely.

:):):)

At most it'll have an hourly cappacity of 1,200. That is roughly what Wodan achieves for which Europa Park specifically modified the design (adding the 3rd train) to insure it would be up to the standard of their other headline rides.

I remember they made a big deal about it because even then they thought the cappacity was insufficient, hence why the queue was made to be part of the experience. Only Europa (and maybe Disney) would consider 1,200 a low number :p

At most it'll have an hourly cappacity of 1,200. That is roughly what Wodan achieves for which Europa Park specifically modified the design (adding the 3rd train) to insure it would be up to the standard of their other headline rides.

I remember they made a big deal about it because even then they thought the cappacity was insufficient, hence why the queue was made to be part of the experience. Only Europa (and maybe Disney) would consider 1,200 a low number :p

It ultimately depends on the queue set up, if it has a merge point (which can create a limiting factor if staff aren't on the ball), the number of blocks, the number of trains, the dispatch intervals, the speed of checking restraints, the bag storage arrangements, sped of airgates, quantity of staff on the station, how prompt the trains park, harness unlock, if the restraints use a seatbelt or not; the list is endless, how quickly trains pass through brake runs or lift hills, etc.

All of this seems minuscule, but cumulatively extrapolated over the course of an hour could well be the difference of 300+/- people.

I hope Alton have taken lessons from Europa on this one anyway!

As there is a pre show could we see it running 4 trains perhaps.

A pre-show if anything *could* require less trains, not more. Essentially, throughput is about how quickly you can physically get people onto the ride. As soon as there's a 'limiting factor', then this reduces throughput.

A queue with a pre-show can't physically be more efficient than a queue without one, however it can, if not managed correctly, cause a bottleneck of people getting to the ride station in time.

:)

Do you guys think that the SW8 path will be open again next year once the ride is completed? Part of me thinks that they don't need to because the KC path has returned, but it was a good shortcut to FV.

Do you guys think that the SW8 path will be open again next year once the ride is completed? Part of me thinks that they don't need to because the KC path has returned, but it was a good shortcut to FV.
I can only see it staying open if they keep that big ass fence in place as the ride queue line runs along that path, so plenty of room for queue jumping abuse

I can only see it staying open if they keep that big ass fence in place as the ride queue line runs along that path, so plenty of room for queue jumping abuse
Yeah, good point! Some people will probably see the path being open as an excuse to queue jump, although those queue fences don't exactly look like the easiest to squeeze through.

I don't know why but I had some weird recollection that the path would be used for the queue but I think I dreamt it. Would be weird to just get rid of it completely though, especially due to the way they've paved it.

Hi guys. I was just scrolling through TowersTimes' SW8 topic and a member on there apparently searched stages of a ritual into Google to see if we had any potential theme ideas and they found that there are 3: the Seperation Stage, the Transition Stage and the Integration Stage. I was thinking; do you guys think that Alton will display these stages on signs throughout the queue, sort of like on the Smiler where you have signs saying Stage One: The Inoculator and Stage Four: The Giggler for example. (Not that those are necessarily the stage numbers) Actually, if this ritual stages thing has anything to do with the theme, then this theme will weirdly parallel The Smiler's...
EDIT: Just had another thought. Is it just me, or is enthusiasm significantly lower for this than it was for the Smiler in 2012? I was only thinking this because the Smiler had about 3 or 4 topics during its development, with each one containing at least 200 pages.

Hi guys. I was just scrolling through TowersTimes' SW8 topic and a member on there apparently searched stages of a ritual into Google to see if we had any potential theme ideas and they found that there are 3: the Seperation Stage, the Transition Stage and the Integration Stage. I was thinking; do you guys think that Alton will display these stages on signs throughout the queue, sort of like on the Smiler where you have signs saying Stage One: The Inoculator and Stage Four: The Giggler for example. (Not that those are necessarily the stage numbers) Actually, if this ritual stages thing has anything to do with the theme, then this theme will weirdly parallel The Smiler's...

Not a chance, it's too technical and specific for what presumably will be a somewhat mystical theme meant to be shrouded in half-secrecy. Also as you say, far too close to the Leek Signs-fest of 2013.

Hopefully the pre-show will be like Baron 1898's, where riders go straight from the pre-show onto the train, no waiting. That would keep the wait down and the theme strong (no dead space (unthemed areas) between the pre-show and boarding).

Hopefully the pre-show will be like Baron 1898's, where riders go straight from the pre-show onto the train, no waiting. That would keep the wait down and the theme strong
IT would be cool if we got some themed air-gates too, keeps the station out of sight until passengers can board. It would keep the tension high given the theme to not know what you're walking into (even though we do).

IT would be cool if we got some themed air-gates too, keeps the station out of sight until passengers can board. It would keep the tension high given the theme to not know what you're walking into (even though we do).
Yeah, themed, full-height gates/doors would be great.

The best that SW8 will get is 1,000pph; it is going to be very similar to The Smiler. It will almost certainly have seatbelts, won't have EP operations and the trains are shorter!

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.