• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Were they a former member on this site? All I remember is someone saying something about a member promising to crack eggs on their face if The Smiler didn't have a washing machine element.

Are you sure that it wasn't the same guy that told us about the Smiler washing machine element ;)

Haha! a physical friend of mine. Again, take from it what you will, I understand people will believe what they want to. I personally couldn't care less, just thought I'd let you know their thoughts, it's totally opinion based, nothing to do with an any kind of 'element', just a review.

Haha! a physical friend of mine. Again, take from it what you will, I understand people will believe what they want to. I personally couldn't care less, just thought I'd let you know their thoughts, it's totally opinion based, nothing to do with an any kind of 'element', just a review.
I'm personally excited by their opinion, roll on 17th March! Even though I likely won't be riding it until April or May.

Indeed, Towers have never previously opened a new attraction on any of the pre-opening days. You never know though, they may want to give staff some experience of dealing with guests on the ride before opening day.

:)

I think you would be extremely, extremely lucky!
Indeed, Towers have never previously opened a new attraction on any of the pre-opening days. You never know though, they may want to give staff some experience of dealing with guests on the ride before opening day.

Fingers crossed! I'm aware it's highly unlikely, but it's the only reason I've paid for two tickets, for that shred of hope! (We're annual pass holders which aren't able to be used on the day)

I'm hoping that they just throw it open on opening day (17th March). I don't want Towers to do what they did with Galactica, where they had "soft openings" for MAP holders on opening weekend and didn't actually officially open until the Thursday after. Merlin seem very keen to avoid the very first day of the season now, though, as they opened The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure at Chessington literally 1 day after the start of the season. What was the point in that?

Indeed, Towers have never previously opened a new attraction on any of the pre-opening days. You never know though, they may want to give staff some experience of dealing with guests on the ride before opening day

Back in 2005 they soft-opened Rita for hotel guests only over a number of days before its official April 1st opening. Granted this wasn't pre-season, but I think Wicker Man is rather unprecedented for Towers in that a ride is relatively ready to go so early - so I wouldn't be too surprised :)

Back in 2005 they soft-opened Rita for hotel guests only over a number of days before its official April 1st opening. Granted this wasn't pre-season, but I think Wicker Man is rather unprecedented for Towers in that a ride is relatively ready to go so early - so I wouldn't be too surprised :)

I rode Rita on it's first day of public operation. Once they had seen all the hotel guests through the ride, they briefly opened it for the general public, too. It was just on one train at the time.

I'm hoping that they just throw it open on opening day (17th March). I don't want Towers to do what they did with Galactica, where they had "soft openings" for MAP holders on opening weekend and didn't actually officially open until the Thursday after. Merlin seem very keen to avoid the very first day of the season now, though, as they opened The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure at Chessington literally 1 day after the start of the season. What was the point in that?

The point of opening things after the first day of season is people will visit again to go on the new attraction and bring in more revenue.

The point of opening things after the first day of season is people will visit again to go on the new attraction and bring in more revenue.

Unless of course those planning to visit to ride the new attraction delay their visit until it's open...

Like me when Smiler was opening later in the year, why would I travel the distance from London when the new ride isn't open?

I've also heard fairly positive things from a few who've ridden Wicker Man.

I'm obviously not anticipating Troy or Wodan, but the polish on this coaster sounds like it's going to be on a level beyond anything Merlin have yet presided over at ATR.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've also heard fairly positive things from a few who've ridden Wicker Man.

I'm obviously not anticipating Troy or Wodan, but the polish on this coaster sounds like it's going to be on a level beyond anything Merlin have yet presided over at ATR.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
What sorts of people do you know who've ridden it, out of interest? Are they enthusiasts working for the park or are they senior management?

All sounding very positive, which is great! But I'm not making my judgement until I step off the ride and walk into the gift shop.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.