• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well I'd say those "spikes" now look more like jagged rocks. So can we kill the daft "Wickerman" theories now? :)

As far as I am aware I think the simple answer to that is no, sorry! However there is clearly going to be some sort of twist on the theme.

:)

I've actually been growing my own wicker man in one of my customers gardens for about four years now, and I've only just got as far as the torso...slow but great fun.
Willow grows well in containers, the metal structure could be used to support large containers with a watering system built in, they could have a full wicker man in situ by next summer, fully green and alive.
Easily done, I remember all the bamboo plants going in around the runaway train and rapids, I bet they planted a couple of thousand seperate plants then in a few months.
I love the thought of a woodie going through a wicker man's legs, don't kill my dream Diogo!

91f532d6b7895054180b7d5dea213edf.png

First teaser of theme perhaps? This can be found at the end of the National Rollercoaster day video on ATs Facebook.

Looks like there has been some updates to http://www.altontowers.com/sw8 too!

Last edited:
the background looks like a tree trunk (which you would assume from the fact its a woody) - is it meant to be scratched into it?

"World class"

Imagining the conversation between marketing and the designers around that one...

"We Must say world first"
"It's not though"
"Have to say world first"
"You can't"
"We always say world first"
"But it's not"
"Really?"
"Yes"
"Can we keep world in?"
"Go on then!"

Why is one of the symbols at the bottom a TIE Fighter?
The last 3 look like inverted galactica logo, tie fighter, wooden coaster section.
I am sure people are going to try and work out if that has any meaning :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The last 3 look like inverted galactica logo, tie fighter, wooden coaster section.
I am sure people are going to try and work out if that has any meaning :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
I wondered if they are representing the other 6 coasters. As you say one looks like the Galactica logo, one with the circle in could be representing Obilvion's hole but then I'm stuck working out the others! :D

It makes sense that the coded symbol read 'Be Chosen'. On the SW8 page on the towers website, there's an 8 letter string that repeats and then, in bigger font, a 6 letter string which is the same as the last six letter within the 8 string.
Presuming from the matching second and seventh symbols, it reads 'Be Chosen' and 'Chosen'. Possible ride name? Sounds odd though.

With the 'teaser' I can definitely see the pagan ritualistic style consistent with The Wicker Man rumours but It might be worth mentioning that with it being in Mutiny Bay there's something else associated with the pirate theme and that's Voodoo. Just a thought. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.