• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If they are going to use video addition . I hope its screens within ride area. Like flame effect within the wickerman where the track goes though.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
You can do flame effects far easier, cheaper, and - more importantly - better, with simple lighting and a squirt of smoke.

I'm talking more about if they go for a rune effect. We still don't know the full extent of the theming and if it is somewhat supernatural, I'd rather have screens with animated runes and some smoke as well as the alleged practical fire effects.

Air was chosen to implement VR off the back of initial trials on the ride in 2015, which was done out of hours, as part of a project by Figment Productions - this was a favour that Merlin allowed them to do in return for discounted rates on their previous and future collaborations.

The concept of VR on Air materialising, in my opinion, was due to the convenience of already having half a prototype system built on the ride.

Back to SW8 - it has 3 trains which are sit down. I can assure everyone there is nothing unique about the trains other than they have little pieces of wood (like banboo, weirdly) stuck to the side of them in a nice finish.

:)

Can I ask how you know this? Just intrigued

I don’t think it will have a game, but it might have an app of some sort with some sort of challenge, perhaps similar to the riddles we’ve already had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@WickerManiac , hope you don't mind me asking (just curious) but what are Towers like with staff like yourselves being members of sites like Towersstreet? Do you have to sign secrecy agreements?

It was an account which claimed to have inside sources on the SW7 project. This account also suggested the infamous 'washing machine' element which was nothing more than fiction.

Still - it provided a good laugh!
And towers put a washing machine into the memory reading visuals for the ride.
Which is a great easter egg for enthusiasts

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

@WickerManiac , hope you don't mind me asking (just curious) but what are Towers like with people like yourselves being members of sites like Towersstreet? Do you have to sign secrecy agreements?

I do not, nor have ever worked for Towers ever - sorry to disappoint. I think some of you may have not seen the wit in my previous reply, haha!

To clarify, I do not have any contract with Merlin. I am an enthusiast who hears whispers and hearsay like the rest of this community. :p
Well done, you got me! :rolleyes:

Tbf images of the train have leaked and a large quantity of people have been able to see them, they just haven't wound up online yet.

I do not, nor have ever worked for Towers ever - sorry to disappoint. I think some of you may have not seen the wit in my previous reply, haha!

To clarify, I do not have any contract with Merlin. I am an enthusiast who hears whispers and hearsay like the rest of this community. :p
Isn't that what a merlin pr guy would say?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I think they'd be sending people to your house if they'd read your forum posts about them :tearsofjoy:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.