• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Alton have just posted another SW8 video on their YouTube channel

I have to say, I like the spooky/mysterious twist on the Alton Towers theme song in the background.

This is what the description says:

"The Beornen structure is now complete, towering above the treeline.
Although dormant, an ominous drum beat can be heard from within, echoing through the woods of Alton.
Ignite your senses and join the chosen few.
The awakening is nigh, unearthing 8-1-18. Be Chosen"

Tried to decipher the runes at the end of the video using the translator, but this one stumped me as some of them don't match. Anyone else tried?

Last edited:
This is what the description says:

Tried to decipher the runes at the end of the video using the translator, but this one stumped me as some of them don't match. Anyone else tried?

It says "Unearthed 8.1.18" Meaning the announcement will be on 8th January, but we already knew that.

I think that drums will play a major part in the soundtrack from what we’ve heard of it so far. The snippets around the TVs on the construction fence were purely drums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scottish guy sounds like Merlin from Kingsman. I’m cool with that.

Yeah It sounds like him (Mark Strong) but I don't think it is. This voice is quite "soft" where as Mark Strong's is slightly more "sharp" sounding and more "gravelly". Not sure if those are accurate descriptions but I know what I mean!

Yeah, I get you I’m liking the tone that they’re taking with this though. It’s not trying to be edgy from what we’ve seen. Dark but not too serious which I like.

I do wonder what they’re going to show off on that day though. They seem to be hyping it up to be more than just a name reveal.

True, I’m fairly certain that we’ll just get a longer cinematic trailer though in all honesty. I wouldn’t expect a press conference or anything.

It's likely just to be the announcement of the name and the opening date, probably with a slightly longer explanation of the theme or story. I feel like it's unlikely that they'll reveal anything more (mainly because there isn't much else to reveal)

I'm still hopeful it's going to be a pink and fluffy unicorn and rainbow theme myself and I think they'll surprise us. Nothing in that video suggested it was at all going to be themed to the Wicker Man. My money is on my little pony the ride on the 8th.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.