• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Good spot! That's an interesting thought and would be amazing viewing of the ride. Should have a made the queue go through it and held a pre-show in there.

I’m not saying SW8 is a film ip of Wicker Man, but just browsing sky cinema Wicker Man original film is now available. Do you think Merlin have been tapping up sky??

It's been on there a while, but it's now in the adverts too, look closely at the Sky Cinema ads and you'll see a wicker man looking similar to the sw8 fence theming half way through.

Still mentions that there’s a world’s first on the hotel TV advert. Don’t know what they’re going to try and blag this time

I can't believe it's 2 days until this is announced and we get to find out some geeky stats and exactly how stupid the world's first is!

I agree, I personally think that they will just be revealing the name.

I don't mind them releasing details of the world first, providing it's something that can be seen from the queue line or isn't a surprise element of the ride. However, if the ride dose have a secret surprise element that is hidden from the view of the queue line, then I just hope that this isn't revealed which will spoil it for those who wish to experience the ride first hand without any spoilers

2 days to go until a groundbreaking announcement that it is, in fact, a wooden rollercoaster with the name ‘Wicker Man’.

Edit: I hope they are announcing the name of the new smokehouse restaurant too, it’s all very exciting...

I dint
2 days to go until a groundbreaking announcement that it is, in fact, a wooden rollercoaster with the name ‘Wicker Man’.

Edit: I hope they are announcing the name of the new smokehouse restaurant too, it’s all very exciting...
Thats if they've actually made an effort to start it! (Smokehouse)

Ok, 2 days to go. I'm going to take my best guess at the world's first.

I don't think this will be a totally new physical coaster element, as pretty much everything I can think of has allready been done. I don't think it will be a record breaker like The Smiler, either as we allready pretty much know the layout.

AT have come up with some dubious world's first recently. I don't expect this to be in the style of Oblivion, Air, Thirteen or The Smiler.

From. What we have seen so far I'm going for the world's first elemental coaster, based upon the medievel elements, Earth (groundbreaking - it does below the former ground level), Air (A wind effect in the building something along lines of air cannons, Fire (looks like this is going to be pretty spectacular though I have doubts about it's longevity) and Water ( a nod to the flume - personally I would love a huge splashdown that drenches you with 30 gallons of water, but I think a gentle spray or mist effect is more likely).

That's my best guess and I am sure I will be wrong.

If AT have managed after all to create a world First as genuinely groundbreaking as Oblivion, Air or Thirteen right under our noses then I will be seriously impressed.

ANYWAY, ITS WORLDS FIRST PREDICTION TIME - PUT YOUR CARDS ON THE TABLE NOW. NO MONEY ON THE LINE, JUST GLORY, BRAGGING RIGHTS AND THE CHANCE TO STRUT YOUR STUFF.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.