• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So I've looked around the Internet quite a bit and tried to gage the the way this is going down.

The Smiler isn't being brought up much at all apart from the odd person getting drowned out in all the noise.

Grenfell insensibilties have been brought up, but then it's been countered by the fact that the ride was already being constructed then, this is based on a story that predates that by decades and the fact that people still seem happy to burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes on 5th November every year.

Even amongst the GP, Wodan is being mentioned a lot in regards to the "World's First" nonsense, but then the claim isn't being mentioned much. As I predicted a few days ago, Towers know it's just a cheap marketing gimmick and if you look at the website the claim is hardly mentioned to be fair.

Loads and loads of comments about the dangers of wood and fire. But these are either from idiots who wouldn't visit anyway or tongue in check comments made by attention seekers. I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks the ride isn't going to be safe.

The most positive comments I'm seeing is the fact that it's a wooden coaster. People seem genuinely exited about that so that could be a good thing for future developments.

Depends on how the question is asked, my sister got married on a camel farm earlier in the year and the owner had big 'no drones' notices everywhere, but he was quiet happy to, in theory, let me take mine up for the wedding, only problem was some idiot forgot to charge the battery lol
an
Fire. Basically, attention seekers trying to cause controversy.

Corbyns mates who want to feel agrreved.

To be fair to Towers, the stupid world's first has got us all talking about it, therefore from a marketing point of view it has done its job!

:)
Precisely. The banding around of "infusing FIRE and WOOD" and pasting artwork depicting coaster trains blazing out of wooden Infernos has caused a great deal of discussion and intrigue amongst the GP. So in that sense, it has worked.

I feel a non-press jargon more serious safety release should be addressed in the coming weeks to ease those who think wood and fire are a no-go. Yes, people are more forgetful nowadays, but surely there must be synthetic wood in some part or something to rationally explain how it is safe to the public?

So - bets on how long the fire effect will be working before it is switched off to save money?
After the 5th refill of the tanks, they will tweak the gas setting for better fuel consumption.
Then run for 15 mins in the hour during low attentions day.
The a month after that. The affect is turned off in sunlight that masks it affect.
And we must not forget the safety isolation during adverse weather conditions.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I feel a non-press jargon more serious safety release should be addressed in the coming weeks to ease those who think wood and fire are a no-go. Yes, people are more forgetful nowadays, but surely there must be synthetic wood in some part or something to rationally explain how it is safe to the public?
Personally, I think that's the worst thing they could do. I think it highlights the fact the park is paranoid about a bad press and makes things worse. I don't think many people who are likely to go to Towers are genuinely concerned about the safety of the ride. Most seem to have come to the reasonable conclusion that a major Theme Park would not open a wooden coaster that was likely to catch fire. This marketing is suppose to get people questioning how fire on a wooden coaster would work, and thus people feel interested, exited and intrigued.

Of course all that excitement will probably dissipate when they get there and find out it's just a couple of intermittent flame flowers and not the Inferno they were expecting.

No, you didn't, you really didn't!

The GCI roller coaster that has been built does not have one single gimmick. Therefore everything else about the Wicker Man project has to be linked to a gimmick. Towers marketing law!

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.