• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They should announce that the Wicker Man has been christened Nigel and that he has rather surprising views on foreigners. Or Gina and that it believes in parliamentary democracy.

"THE WORLD'S FIRST ROLLERCOASTER EXPERIENCE FUSING WOOD AND FIRE"

Found it.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if its been posted but apparently -it will have 3 trains with 12 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 24 riders per train.

No, you didn't, you really didn't!

The GCI roller coaster that has been built does not have one single gimmick. Therefore everything else about the Wicker Man project has to be linked to a gimmick. Towers marketing law!

:)

What it actually looked like... :p

Hilarious how they do those fake logo projection things!

DS98_IiWsAAisix.jpg

I'm not actually surprised they managed to come out with a stupid world's first which isn't even true. Why is the marketing department at Merlin so uncreative? Could have said something like "New for 2018, Wicker Man at Alton Towers will light up for ride experience" Yeah that's not good, but definitely better than another World's First.

I'm still really looking forward to the ride though. The Wicker Man name has grown on me a lot considering, if I'm correct, it's not based on either film and I think the theme looks great. :)

Said by a guy who lives in America, well I guess since he's just been made redundant from his regular gig he needs to drum up some interest in himself.... (No, I'm not a fan of our young Will).

My wife said earlier that if Towers get too much grief, they'll probably announce that as a mark of respect, the fire effects will be turn off so not to upset the coddled.

So - bets on how long the fire effect will be working before it is switched off to save money?

I suspect the majority of the fire “effect” will be lighting. The main body of the Wicker man is quite closely packed “wooden” planks so some flickering red and yellow lights and stage smoke will probably be the main feature.

The only fire I would guess will be from the shoulders of the figure and maybe if they have gone all out, some near the track that passes through.

Whats the secret message the artist says is in the poster on the Merlin backstage post?
http://backstage.merlinentertainmen...-towers-make-a-scene-as-new-ride-is-revealed/

"“If you look close enough, you can see that I have added a hidden message in the fire using runes"

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
This taken from that article:
A theatrical pre-show will introduce guests to the Beornen and their plan. They’ll then choose to join the ceremony by taking a ride. The 2000ft wooden track features three passes through the 58ft wicker beast, with special effects creating the illusion that he’s bursting into flames.
alton_towers_sw8_stages-2.jpg

Shows that this looks to be more than a couple of flame throwers others think it will be

Ignoring the fact that the "world's first" claim is untrue, do you remember when a "world's first" at Towers actually meant something, i.e., an advancement in roller coaster technology?

I'm still keen to see what this one's like once it's open, but as usual the marketing looks to be a cringefest of exaggerations.

Ignoring the fact that the "world's first" claim is untrue, do you remember when a "world's first" at Towers actually meant something, i.e., an advancement in roller coaster technology?

I'm still keen to see what this one's like once it's open, but as usual the marketing looks to be a cringefest of exaggerations.

But wasn’t it the marketing that helped Thirteen create a bumper year for AT so therefore more money to build coasters like Wicker Man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But wasn’t it the marketing that helped Thirteen create a bumper year for AT so therefore more money to build coasters like Wicker Man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whilst we like to slag off the marketing of TH13TEEN we can't deny it was effective

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

has anyone figured out what is written in the fire on the poster?

EDIT: its just says "feed the flames" i think

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.