• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Going back to Wardley comments it’s clear to me that he is not impressed with the ride itself. Maybe the effects but not the actual coaster. Which could be taken two ways - either it’s poor or he is disappointed it’s not what he envisaged.

I can’t see Wardley bing jealous but I hope it’s not the first one.

How poor must the original drops have been though, these ones should be ok by hardly El Toro style thrill.

I really believe that AT are relying on the themejng structure to make this much like they did with the smiler and the marmaliser. To me it is a coin toss as to whether this is amazing or poor.....

And those tunnels - do we really think they will theme them? If you do your pretty deluded and I will literally eat my hat love if they are themed

It's closer to theming for the beourn then concrete would be.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I will agree to disagree. If there are speakers in there with effects that would be a start. I just cannot see any special effects in there which is a shame. It would be awesome if there were fire effects in there

I’d be more than happy with some fog effects and flickering orange led’s lighting it up the initial tunnel. Would look impressive with the train flying out of there with a trail of fog/smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the thing John was most impressed about the ride was the wheelbarrow full of cash he was given to publicly give the ride his seal of approval.

He was approached for comment. Has made no media appearances that I am aware of, certainly nothing significant.

It really is short isn’t it? Impressive but short - I think the effects will provide the thrill here

Its shorter than Nickelodeon Streak at Blackpool, and that always seems too short a ride to me.

The ride itself looks impressive though so I am looking forward to riding it but it looks like another short coaster to add to their list.

I dont specifically think that length is an issue, the smiler more than makes up for any short coasters we have seen recently. the space and restrictions at towers does mean we will always see shorter than average coasters more often than not. the one thing im hoping is that this is a new oblivion, a new nemesis, nobody complains about the length of the coaster as the overall experience is worth the shortened ride time.

New Alton Towers slogan?

I imagine the preshow/small indoor section will pad out the experience so it feels more worthwhile.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
The problem with preshows and extravagant pre-ride theming is that it's great the first time but rather unnecessary once you have seem it a couple of times.

Hex springs to mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The problem with preshows and extravagant pre-ride theming is that it's great the first time but rather dull and unnecessary once you have seem it a few times.

Hex springs to mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I disagree with Hex, it's an engaging attraction and very reridable.

I agree to an extent though, Merlin particularly don't have a great track record of story-led experiences, as we have seen with Sub-Terra and DBGT which have struggled to perform well with the general public.

Saying that, this is a coaster and that will be the main draw. If people like the coaster and want to reride, what the preshow is/does isn't vital to the attractions success.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.