• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

Could potentially be where Charlie is at the moment, presuming the boat ride is still intact.

This is surely going to be where we see the 'David Walliams World' (can't believe I'm typing that, although his books are supposedly pretty great), that we saw reffered to by the man himself, then swiftly removed from the edit on Britain's Got Talent earlier this year?

I've known about this for a while now and it's completely the wrong attraction at the wrong time.

Totally misguided madness from the fools in charge.

I think the David Walliams idea is dead and buried.

An upcharge Dungeon at ATR will fail.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They can't really be considering this can they? Is there no commen sense from management at both Alton Towers and Merlin?

Look at recent investments at Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. Sub-Terra, Galactica, Derren Brown, I'm a Celebrity; all staff intensive at a time that we are seeing cuts to operational budgets therefore reductions in staffing levels on other attractions. THESE INVESTENTS ARE NOT SUSTAINABLE!!!

Alton Towers is crying out for a solid family investment. Something substatial that fills the gap between CBeebies and the coasters. Something to replace the popular Flume. A Dungeons would be yet another attraction with a dark theme to help spread more misery across the park. I am sure it could be done well with some local legends and so on but Alton Towers needs so much more before they consider a Dungeons.

Moronic.

:)

Dark theme
Staff intensive
Up charge attraction

Just what Alton Towers needs right now as the current guest feedback is clearly saying how fantastic value the place is and that they would love nothing more than handing over even more cash on their day out.

I think with the case of all the dungeons having a similar experience, you've got to consider the market for each individual attraction. The likes of the London Dungeon, for example, will be primarily marketed to tourists (national and international) who are visiting London. It's not an attraction in itself, you wouldn't find people visiting London just to do the dungeon. Alton Towers having a very different market, mostly aimed towards families from the UK, so while the dungeons themselves might be the same, their visitors are so different that they likely wouldn't have visited the other ones anyway.

Obviously, that doesn't excuse the fact Alton don't actually need an attraction of this type...

I'd be more concerned about Merlin doing something like re-theming Hex to a dungeons experience, perhaps replacing the ride section with the ABC drop towers in an outdoor extension, I really wouldn't put it past Merlin replacing a beloved ride with an up-charge attraction tbh...

Certainly an interesting idea, but not my sort of thing at all. Not sure whether they'll charge extra or not.

Also, where in the Towers would they put this? Would it be where one of the scare mazes currently is during Scarefest, or could it be where Crux, the short-lived walkthrough that the Towers apparently once housed in the 2000s, used to be?

I like the idea but it's not something Towers needs right now, and definitely not something they will be able to afford keep running. How many years shall we give it until it becomes yet another Merlin SBNO attraction? 2 seasons?

Alton Towers having a very different market, mostly aimed towards families from the UK, so while the dungeons themselves might be the same, their visitors are so different that they likely wouldn't have visited the other ones anyway.

That's true, although is it something people would think it's worth travelling to Towers for? I doubt it, and I doubt this would draw in any more guests than adding 2 or 3 new flat rides around the park would.

I'd be more concerned about Merlin doing something like re-theming Hex to a dungeons experience, perhaps replacing the ride section with the ABC drop towers in an outdoor extension, I really wouldn't put it past Merlin replacing a beloved ride with an up-charge attraction tbh...

I thought similar but instead keeping the mad house and retheming that, and not bothering with drop towers like the other Dungeons.

I like the idea but it's not something Towers needs right now, and definitely not something they will be able to afford keep running. How many years shall we give it until it becomes yet another Merlin SBNO attraction? 2 seasons?

That's true, although is it something people would think it's worth travelling to Towers for? I doubt it, and I doubt this would draw in any more guests than adding 2 or 3 new flat rides around the park would.

I thought similar but instead keeping the mad house and retheming that, and not bothering with drop towers like the other Dungeons.
I actually detest this idea with a passion :tearsofjoy: Given that it was recently given TLC though I doubt it will happen.