• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Europa-Park General Discussion

EP have announced a little package called the "Megacoaster Mega-Special" whereby you can stay in any of the 4* superior hotels and get a backstage tour of Blue Fire.

Select dates in May, can be found here.

They’ve had it for a few years but the tours were previously just in German. Not sure if they’re now multilingual?

They’ve had it for a few years but the tours were previously just in German. Not sure if they’re now multilingual?
Still in German...

"The guided tour starts at Sunday 11.15am, please meet at the GAZPROM Theme World. Please pay attention, the guided tour is in German."

Just go along, nod and smile.

EP have announced a little package called the "Megacoaster Mega-Special" whereby you can stay in any of the 4* superior hotels and get a backstage tour of Blue Fire.

Please pay attention, the guided tour is in German.

Nope, Still German only so you need to pay a lot of attention.

A new porch entrance is being added to Colosseo from the main piazza:

D00TT_FWkAAIhO_.jpg

I would assume this is to prevent drafts in the foyer.

Parkerlebnis.de claims that Europa Park is planning to increase the number of parking spaces by constructing 3 multi storey car parks in the near future.

Source

Europa-Park wants to create more parking spaces for motor vehicles in the long term. For this purpose, multi-storey car parks are to be built, which will replace the current parking spaces.

With increasing numbers of visitors, the need for parking spaces for motor vehicles at Europa-Park will increase. In order to expand its capacity limits for the future, Germany's largest amusement park is currently planning the construction of several multi-storey car parks.

The project is planned for the next two to three years. In total, three parking garages are to be built at Europa-Park - but not at the same time.
Since they plan to use the space of the existing parking lots for the construction of the parking garages, the parking garages will be built in stages. This is too minimise any disruptions or restrictions during the construction time to the car parks and theme park.

Interesting news and not at all surprising; the current car parks are simply not big enough and more often than not cars have to park in overflow car parks. On the busiest of days car parks pop up on many random fields surrounding the park!

I agree, it looks (relatively) awful to be honest which is a real pity.

Surely these new car parks will have some near misses with Silverstar!!

New for 2021....the Multi storey car park coaster!

I don't like that, it looks a bit out of place. Surely they could have built a concrete one with arches to match the original wall? o_O

Yeah, it doesn't look very good. It's in the same style as the conservatory on top floor by the bar, and to the conservatories for the restaurants.

Which anywhere else would have been fine, but not plonked infront of the main entrance.

To clarify the location - this isn't the main entrance. This is the doorway between the main lobby and the piazza.

:)

It will also cut off most of the previous views from the lobby through those arched windows into the piazza.

Not sure if I’ll get banned for saying this, but perhaps a negative move by EP?

It will also cut off most of the previous views from the lobby through those arched windows into the piazza.

Not sure if I’ll get banned for saying this, but perhaps a negative move by EP?

Your banning order is in the post! ;)

I'm sure there is a good reason to have done this after all the years of it not being needed, however it does seem strange. I look forward to giving a full and detailed assessment after my visit at the end of May!