• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think something like the Hollywood Tower of Terror could easily be replicated at AT, with a similar tower theme, The towers are haunted and you are part of the investigation team.

But even stuff like Duel could be improved by using screen elements, in comparison to say the MIB ride duel looks so dated

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the new generation shooter rides like MiB and mania. The plus side of rides like mania is they require far less floor space than traditional dark ride shooters. The fact you could compete for the days best high score and the hidden secrets to get additional points working with your partner made them far more interesting. I hate Ninjago with a passion though and that uses a similar ride system....

Tower of terror was possibly second to flight of passage for best ride out in Orlando. The drops themselves were not spectacular but the ride system and great themeing really made the ride. In fact dark and spooky is the theme towers seem to love....

Last edited:
560000 for me and my partner could get about 400k. Unfortunately we were there peak school kid season so couldn't get the car average over 250k to get the special ending....

MIB and Toy Story Mania are insanely fun because of its competitive nature and reridable so would love something similar at the Towers as a high value investment as a coaster alternative

This is what AT is missing, Duel just can't cope anymore unfortunately. Either revert it back of spend the money completely revamping it

At doesn't really need that much in my opinion. The Coasters are great and operations have been much improved this year, the season pass has made it more affordable to many. The Gardens are as beautiful as ever. CBeebies land is great for very young children

They could do with 3 or 4 flat rides and a couple of shows and they'd be about there. I know that in market research, shows don't rate highly amongst UK attendess, but that was the same for Wooden coasters until recently......

Whilst waiting for the wife and number 1 child on the frog hopper, the amount of people walking up to the dungeons and then back again was 14. In about 5 mins. The first two groups assumed it was included as they’d already paid to get in. The third group had MAPs and had assumed they’d get in. It’s a nonsense.

We’ve spent 2 1/2 days on Park this week and it was pretty crap. If the kids didn’t love CBeebies, I wouldn’t bother with the place. So fatty round the edges nowadays, queue too long, staff surly and rubbish, no flats, nothing for 5-9 yr old kids.

Just really marked with the place at the minute. The monorail being knackered yesterday morning nearly topped me over the edge. And why can’t MAP holders book express parking at the discounted rate?

And why is Oasis not available anywhere other than the kiosk nr the towers? And they had run out yesterday.

And the 5pm close. 5! Absolutely ridiculous.

Whilst there a few things I would change, I regard it as an amazing theme park. I can honestly say, I've had a BRILLIANT time on every visit I've had to AT and I think we are lucky to have it.

Looking forward to a great day on Thursday.

Regarding the cheap season passes it's a great idea if all you want is footfall. Busy park = long queues = less spend and less return visits.

A season pass into Alton Towers should be more than twice what it is and the Merlin pass should not exist. Don't shout, just my opinion.

Expecting Merlin to be equal to or better than the likes of Disney or Universal is folly, as even they wouldn't throw the ridiculous amounts of money these parks do, not should they... The UK parks aren't viable to be run in a similar fashion...

However, they should be better than the independent family run parks, where the likes of Paultons are beating them... Hell aim for Phannyland levels of quality...

Expecting Merlin to be equal to or better than the likes of Disney or Universal is folly, as even they wouldn't throw the ridiculous amounts of money these parks do, not should they... The UK parks aren't viable to be run in a similar fashion...

However, they should be better than the independent family run parks, where the likes of Paultons are beating them... Hell aim for Phannyland levels of quality...

I'm not expecting Disney standard or Universal but I would say going there hilight how over reliant towers are on their coasters and devoid they are of other entertainment options. The UK family parks all do a far better job than Towers on that to.

A few weeks ago there were some actors on a Segway on towers st.

It was pants, but at least something.
I think the Police Patrol (or whatever they are called) on the Segways are actually quite good. Obviously aimed at kids rather than adults, but you can have some good banter with them. May not be the entertainment many people want, but at least Towers are trying.

AT will never be on the level of Universal or Disney, I just think the park needs to become more of an experience. Feel like you are walking into the dark forest or XSector with good themes and invest in some live actors - the Police patrol are great imo

AT will never be on the level of Universal or Disney, I just think the park needs to become more of an experience. Feel like you are walking into the dark forest or XSector with good themes and invest in some live actors - the Police patrol are great imo
Agreed, xsector used to feel like a great themed area a few years ago but with submission gone and the ghost gift shop area of oblivion it feels a bit empty these days especially down by enterprise. At least its a bit better now rehydrator has reopend and the chicken place has been remodeled

I’ve noticed compared to last season they have hardly extended ride close at all, is this one of the first times of the season so far?

I’ve noticed compared to last season they have hardly extended ride close at all, is this one of the first times of the season so far?

Today was the 9th time this season they have extended ride close. In their defence a lot of ride close extensions in the last couple of years have been because of very poor ride operations/availability on the days in question. Since this has generally improved this year they haven’t actually been ‘forced’ to extend ride close for this reason.

It doesn’t excuse the fact that this week was crazy to close at 5pm when the queues did warrant an extension.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.