• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There was no “acting” or torch action today on hex. However one of the ops was doing a bit of acting in the vault like he was cranking up the tree. Very bizarre
I rode at about 12pm today and there was indeed “acting” in the octagon and vault as described above. It’s absolutely appalling and ruins all the atmosphere. Utterly cringeworthy.

Who has given this change the go ahead?!

Let's be honest I think the dungeons have been a flop I wonder if they have? :
1 ) increased footfall to the resort ( which I thought was always the aim of a new attraction, correct me if I'm wrong )
2) if it has turned a profit in the sense paid for the actor's wages and special effects etc.
3) Why has it taken the merlin board so long to get the fact that you need to invest regularly to get a growth of business hence why they have sold.

Do remember the No1 bit of Alton Towers staff training... "When the guests enter the park, they leave their brains in their car / on their coach". Never truer words said. We're getting like the USA - unless there is a sign saying "Do this / Don't do that" guests will do whatever you don't want them to do.

In the USA the guests who do what you don't want them to do - as there was no sign warning them - will be straight on the phone to their lawyer too.

You only have to look at all the "Danger - Ride Area - Do not enter" signs at the Merlin parks now. Common sense would tend to indicate that human vs an 8T Nemesis train would indicate who would come off better, but no. Common sense has been left in the car / on the coaches.

Back in 2002 when Air opened & had it's frequent "technical anomalies" (as Towers liked to call them - read "breakdowns" for a more accurate description) the ride area was seen by many guests as an escape route from the queue. The idiots did not realise that this just slowed down any re-start as the entire ride area had to be checked. This just led to the higher fencing and the "caged-in" feel of the queueline.

'Danger Ride Area - Do Not Enter'. You have to put these signs up as a warning to those willing to enter. Not everyone has the same common sense and the sign isn't restricted to those waiting in the queue line. It needs to be visible to those tresspassers, if they see the sign and still enter and become harmed, they waived their right and Alton Towers have applied their duty. A court case would throw it out on any ground for civil damage claims.

There could be ride areas where there is fencing installed but it doesn't look like part of the ride area, but will ultimately lead you to the actual ride if you wander too far, hence the need for the signs also.

Last edited:
Nemesis is currently the busiest ride on park. This is an extremely rare occasion that should be celebrated! It's getting the love it deserves. Although I sense it's on 1 train

Flipping eck i'm glad im not on park today looking at the queue times. People are even tweeting they have been stuck on the road outside trying to get into the park for 2 hours!!! I wonder if they are having to open the overflow car parks on the grass today! Maybe its the last minute rush before the little darlings go to school again tomorrow.

Flipping eck i'm glad im not on park today looking at the queue times. People are even tweeting they have been stuck on the road outside trying to get into the park for 2 hours!!! I wonder if they are having to open the overflow car parks on the grass today! Maybe its the last minute rush before the little darlings go to school again tomorrow.
Nemesis is currently on 90 minutes, not seen that for a long time!

Edit: Should've read above, doh!

There’s a few times of the year when you shouldn’t visit the heme parks, the very end of the school holidays is certainly up there! The complete opposite is the start of the school holidays when he park can be pretty much dead!

Anyway it’s back to 4pm and closed days from tomorrow.

Do you reckon it's going to be as busy tomorrow? Might go up for a few hours but can't be doing with mega busy. I don't need that in my life.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.