• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They removed that section of fence in the summer when it was really hot. They decided the room was too hot to be waiting in for too long, so by removing the fence you aren’t queuing in there for very long.
Good, that strobe used to get on my nerves, much better now as you only walk past that bit once

Nemesis did set a mould that Towers quickly broke with SW coasters... the ride itself was ready & working reliably for opening day. Sure, they had nowhere near enough queueline ready, but the ride was good to go.

Oblivion - ride basically not ready, constant breakdowns as trying to run with 7 trains from day 1. Queueline ready but "flowerbeds" littered with construction workers materials / rubbish.

Air - ride basically not ready, constant breakdowns for much of the first season.

Rita - Towers finally started to learn & were not hell-bent on having it open for the first day of season. That said, it opened with one train only for the first few weeks, so ride not ready, again.

Thirteen - I don't actually recall any major issues with this ride, so some credit where it's due.

The Smiler - the less said the better! Opening delayed, bits falling off the ride & I don't need to go on.

Wicker Man - the ride itself and the queueline / themeing were all spot on. Dreadful weather messed up operations on opening week. The ride did have reliability issues in it's first season.

Whilst Wicker Man had to be cut a little slack due to the weather issues, Towers record on having major new rides fully ready, open on time & running reliably isn't exactly brilliant.

Indeed.
Lots of "conventional" media hype.
Lots of mud and rock.
Less vegetation.
Three hour queues.
I had to help a workmate off the ride because she went literally weak at the knees.
And the Thunderlooper ended up walk on all autumn.
Are you trying to paint the ride's opening as negative or disappointing? I'm not wanting to over hype Nemesis' opening (that I wasn't there for) as some kind of new dawn, but why judge a new ride by its media hype and lack of overgrown weeds?

From old photos Nemesis looked awesome in its opening. It's not high priority when Nemesis still looks pretty good now, compared to Smiler and Oblivion falling apart next door, but it would be great if they stripped the landscape back to the raw rocks again.

From old photos Nemesis looked awesome in its opening. It's not high priority when Nemesis still looks pretty good now, compared to Smiler and Oblivion falling apart next door, but it would be great if they stripped the landscape back to the raw rocks again.

But to do that would cost money. We all know how Merlin like to invest money in decent park opening hours / food & beverage units actually being open / single rider queues / baggage holds etc... (I could go on!)

Second only to Disney... I think I have heard a mouse laugh now.

The media hype was all good, the opening was all good, the landscaping...bare quarry, river of blood, weird station...was excellent.
To spell it out, the opening was neither dissapointing or negative,don't know where you got that from.
I wasn't there for day one, but within the first few weeks, on what I hoped was a quiet schoolday...three hour queue.
And it was far better without the overgrown weeds.

I don't know if I'm overthinking things here, but with blade closed for a few weeks, could it be removed in winter for the next big investment. I mean the area where blade and ripsaw are is enough to fit a compact layout for an SW

I don't know if I'm overthinking things here, but with blade closed for a few weeks, could it be removed in winter for the next big investment. I mean the area where blade and ripsaw are is enough to fit a compact layout for an SW
That's a good point actually. We'll just have to wait and see though.

I’d love them to remove some of the overgrowth. Yeah some of it suits it but as I’ve seen someone say before it’s supposed to be an excavation site (themed) so seeing raw rocks again wouldn’t go a miss.

If anyone has any photos of Nemesis taken from where the old queue line by Galactica i’d be grateful, it’s not often you see different views of it these days.

it’s supposed to be an excavation site (themed) so seeing raw rocks again wouldn’t go a miss.
Yeah but who really cares about that, it's more about the fact that it looks great! Few people would really clock that the coaster is built in a real quarry these days because it's so grown over, it's a really fabulous setting.

Ideally it would be done but when we have other rides that desperately need attention I think Nemesis is in a relatively good place. Especially now the station is looking pretty vivid again

If Blade was to go then I’d still like to see them add a new pirate ship somewhere in the park.
Mutiny Bay is the obvious choice and it’d be a great spectacle piece behind Battle Galleons over the little lake.

Out of interest, is Blade actually the oldest ride at the park now? The ride register says it is and that it opened in 1980 (that also makes it the park's only remaining opening day attraction), but I've heard varying reports; someone on Facebook said that other rides have been at the park for longer, for example.

In a way, I do hope that this isn't the end for The Blade, as I do have a soft spot for it, but it's an old ride and I'd imagine that parts are very hard to get now. The original removal proposal in early 2015 also hints that the ride is perhaps nearing the end of its life...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.