2019: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WL18, 4th Nov 2018.

1. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

At the start of scarefest 6:30, at the end 4:30. Go towards the end of scarefest when the clocks go back so it's darker for longer

skyscraper likes this.
  2. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

Scroll to the bottom of this page, or enter a date. The date I have entered is the 12th October:

https://www.thetimeandplace.info/uk/stoke-on-trent-city-of-stoke-on-trent/2019-10-12#.XYjZ6ShKiUk

The day I have searched on (12th) is the weekend I always go and never have an issue getting on the rides in the dark.. Remember, leave Wicker Man as close to 9pm as you can giving you time to get the rest done in the couple of hours of darkness

3. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    The nights get darker approx 15 minutes each week.

I find that it really don't get that dark until around 7ish (even though the sun starts to set earlier). The last week of the scare-fest gets dark earlier at 6 ish due to the clocks going back 1 hour.

4. Poopoohead

Poopoohead TowersStreet Member

A few thoughts on my stay at the resort this weekend:

• Flambos evening meal was excellent and back to the standard I remember from a few years ago
    • Rooms in splash are very tired and really desperately need a refurb. I thought this had started, we obviously didn’t get a newer room
    • The mini golf needs a clean clean and some repair work to get it back to an acceptable standard
    • Breakfast at splash is dreadful
    • Wicker man ops are great, about half the time we waited from a similar point early last year
    • Really good staff generally speaking
    • MAP is worth it for the discounts
    • Hopefully the increase in visitor numbers inspires the clean and finishing touches many areas of the park desperately need.
    • Still love the water park, new attractions and capacity badly needed though
    Overall a good weekend!

Robert Jones and AT86 like this.
  5. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I believe the rooms on the bottom floor of Splash had work done over the winter. Hopefully this will continue this year.

Poopoohead likes this.
  6. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

Rider host says "xx", is usually subjective, I know you're implying sarcasm but the ride hosts are going to give you any story they see fit because the GP don't need to know their procedures, nor do the RH have to thoroughly explain. You're (and everyone else) there for an enjoyable day, not to be preached on procedures, rules and policy of an entertainment business.

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  7. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

See post above.

8. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    To be fair, Blade is knackered and has been on its last legs for years. Merlin also don't have form for looking after their flats.

Ethan likes this.
  9. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    They're inconsistent, they kept Slammer on a very expensive life support programme for ages.

A lot of the flats they inherited across RTP are three and four decades old now and would be heading toward retirement irrespective of which operator was looking after them. The difference with Merlin being that they don't replace them once retired.

Plastic Person, Ethan and D4n like this.
  10. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

So out of place it's ridiculous. Beautiful Towers behind it with a world class dark ride...then this.

DiogoJ42 and Poopoohead like this.
  11. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

12. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

13. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    You could get yourself an Ultimate fastrack and VIP Super Ultimate Premium Pass every visit for less than the cost of one year's tuition though...that and the thought of being brainwashed by Merlinisms would put me off anyday.

DiogoJ42 and Stevie like this.
  14. Poopoohead

Poopoohead TowersStreet Member

Does anyone else have problems with the Picsolve photo pass? At least 50% of my orp from the weekend are missing still despite being scanned by staff and saying they were added and using the sled service thing at wicker man. Wouldn’t hand out the number receipts either

15. ThisGuy

ThisGuy TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Forbidden Sweep
    Still, if you take out a student loan, you won't have to pay anything untill you start earning over £25,000. Which should be easy to avoid if going to work for Merlin.

DiogoJ42, Kraken27, Josh and 6 others like this.
  16. IanSR

IanSR TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Smiler
    Or you could just close your eyes instead, save damaging your eyesight.... ;)

Ethan likes this.
  17. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    It's been a little while since I queued for The Smiler, but it looks like they removed a section of fence in the Optical Procedure room?

skyscraper likes this.
  18. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

Well following the Merlin Operation Model for Theme Parks should equal an instant 3rd Class Degree. Much like their park operations nowadays. But of course, they are second only to Disney - do not let us forget that fact!

19. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

Projector bulbs are very expensive. It's Merlin at work.

skyscraper likes this.
  20. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

They removed that section of fence in the summer when it was really hot. They decided the room was too hot to be waiting in for too long, so by removing the fence you aren’t queuing in there for very long.

skyscraper likes this.