• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
:) Maybe we are getting He-Man IP
Attraction :eek:
HeMan-I-Have-The-Power.jpg

Okay look, I’m all for criticism when it is due, but literally all they’ve done is teased a logo and a tag line and already it’s being torn apart by people here! Like come on, give them a chance, none of us have any idea what it’s about yet.

Posters on Disney forums have much the same complaints as you make about Alton Towers, it’s just the starting point is different.
Disney has been cutting staff and number of ride vehicles operated back on quiet days a lot more recently, so the days of walk on queues in quiet periods are no longer there as well. Disney have also cut back opening hours, it’s just moving from 12 midnight to 10pm doesn’t feel as bad as 5pm to 4pm.
Disney have also cut back some food service locations, some are closed or have hours changed, many table service places have more generic menus using cheaper cuts of meat etc.

Also I don’t think Merlin ever claim to be second on quality, just in size of the business.
They don't directly claim that be second on quality but heavily imply it.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Okay look, I’m all for criticism when it is due, but literally all they’ve done is teased a logo and a tag line and already it’s being torn apart by people here! Like come on, give them a chance, none of us have any idea what it’s about yet.
I totally agree. At least give them a chance to explain what it is before slating them.

It is better than 'Laugh and Scream in 2019' or whatever it was they had as a tag line at the end of last season.

I think "Powers of the Towers" has a better ring. I'm not really arsed though.

Don’t know how they can market when the opening times aren’t event announced
Regardless of what you think about the tag line etc, it's doing exactly what they want - getting people talking about the park and I suspect that the times will be released soon while Towers is still fresh in everyone's minds - thanks to this tag line release

I totally agree. At least give them a chance to explain what it is before slating them.

To be fair, most sane people easily predicted that the recent Wicker Man winter/weekends or whatever it was called was going to be something crappy, as opposed to actually doing something potentially good like actually opening the ride during the winter. They settled on videos and even they were pretty much as crappy as they could have made them (for a prominent UK business).

Then there's the enchanted sheds. And pretty much everything they ever do nowadays.

I'm pretty much out of chances for this lot I'm afraid, and I don't blame others for being the same.

Massive theme park

Unique world beating architecture

Beaufiful grounds

Fantastic music from IMA score and others.

Amazing atmosphere.

Fantastic rollercoaster,s 1 of which is amongst the very best in the world.

Look, I get it, there is cost cutting, there is upsell, there are SBNO attractions, there are less entertainers, etc, etc.

Its still magic.

It's still a great day out.

This 47 year old still feels like a kid and enjoys every minute of every visit.

The season pass is a absolutely phenomenal value.

I get the criticisms regarding Merlin, it's not perfect, and there will always be a compromise between quality and value.

It's still a great day out, it's still better value than the cinema, the theatre, a concert, pretty much anything.

I can think of plenty of things to moan about, but overall I, it's a fantastic day out, the season pass is great value. I think sometimes, we focus on the negatives and forget about the huge amount of fun that we have.

I have NEVER failed to have a great day at AT.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased, or maybe, I go to have a great time rather than to moan about every little thing.

Just enjoy the day guys, don't over analyse, just be a kid again. That's what I do do, and it is by far my favorite day out in the UK.

u

I can think of one "ruined" (read aspie meltdown) day out at a merlin attraction and it wasn't Alton towers.

I'll admit the hot drinks fiasco in 2017 came close but it didn't ruin the day.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

There is a new blog post from Ian (Crabbe?), it reads more like a GCSE business studies case study than anything else, but anyway here it is.

https://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/blog/the-power-of-the-towers-our-campaign-for-2019/

Yay, Brexit.
Someone is still living in pre Smiler incident days.

if this claim is correct then Varney is safe as Merlin will have had a bumper year :rolleyes:

• In 2018, British adults spent an average of £90 per month on leisure activities. This is set to almost double to £163 per month in 2019, equating to a whopping £8.2 billion across the UK, up 81 per cent on 2018’s £4.5 billion.

I think this whole "Power of the Towers" thing might be a Resort rebrand, which I think people have been asking for for quite some time...

I think this whole "Power of the Towers" thing might be a Resort rebrand, which I think people have been asking for for quite some time...
It’s just a marketing campaign, like Merlin’s AP campaign for 2015 “Vote fun”

It’s strange this isn’t a Merlin campaign for the whole business though, “The power of Merlin” then each attraction pumps the same guff out of why we should visit them etc

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.