• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It is unfortunate that they don't sell pizza by the slice or by the pizza. Because I'm vegetation and I don't like to eat a lot in one go, £13.50 is pretty steep.
Apart from the fact I'm not vegetarian, I suffer from the same problem. I don't really have a huge appetite, so I'm normally done in after 1 or 2 small plates of food at Pizza Pasta! I'm certainly not someone who will keep going back up!

Maybe a pizza restaurant that sold pizzas in a non-buffet format would be a nice addition for those of us who like pizza, but don't have a big enough appetite for the buffet!

It is unfortunate that they don't sell pizza by the slice or by the pizza. Because I'm vegetation and I don't like to eat a lot in one go, £13.50 is pretty steep.

Apart from the fact I'm not vegetarian, I suffer from the same problem. I don't really have a huge appetite, so I'm normally done in after 1 or 2 small plates of food at Pizza Pasta! I'm certainly not someone who will keep going back up!

Just... go somewhere else then?

Just... go somewhere else then?
To be fair, we don't often eat in Pizza Pasta. I think I've only eaten there once.

Also, I think I am in somewhat of a minority who doesn't eat much at buffets; Pizza Pasta is clearly a popular option at the park!

The food across the resort is generally very poor but the consistency just isn’t there especially at the RCR. It can range anywhere between inedible garbage to actually ok. Vegetarian/vegan options badly lacking in most places (RCR actually best on site for this!).

The food across the resort is generally very poor but the consistency just isn’t there especially at the RCR. It can range anywhere between inedible garbage to actually ok. Vegetarian/vegan options badly lacking in most places (RCR actually best on site for this!).
They really need to get the Finn's management to pop up to towers and give the resort a few lessons.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I only purchase food on park during late night events. Other than that, I can eat for a fraction of the price by stopping off on my journey to the park and then again once I've left. I'm usually too busy riding the rides to worry about stopping in one of the resorts restaurants or outlets for food. I bring my own food for the day and will eat in the queue lines if the park is busy.

The little updates from round the park are great to see. Fantastic news about the smiler single rider queue and towers trading looks great. It’s the little touches that makes the difference and it actually looks like they’ve put some effort Into tlc this year. Does anyone know the purpose of all the picnic benches on the lawn Infront of the lake?

Can’t be sure but think they were for today, as there was a company buy out today and from what I heard there was entertainment on the lawns.

Would guess the benches would be hired in as there were a lot of them!
52b2defe36a0ff192daa045ddcca040a.jpg

I seem to recall when it first opened the price was around the £6 mark. That’s quite an increase since, albeit it’s been at the Resort for a fair few years now.

I don't know; I quite like thick pizza bases! I suppose it's a matter of opinion, though.

Is it only me who doesn't find Merlin food to be that bad? The Rollercoaster Restaurant was lovely when I went in July 2017, as was Secret Garden when I went in March 2018. As for the breakfast; while I admittedly didn't eat any cooked breakfast in March, the pancakes and toffee sauce I had were perfectly nice!

Merlin food ranges from okay to poor. There was a time when it ranged from okay to excellent. Back when Emperors Grill still existed, as too Courtyard BBQ and when Secret Garden had some reasonably innovative dishes that were well cooked.

Those were the days when we used to look forward to eating on park.

The combination of poor quality and massive queues now means we either bring our own or go hungry. We never used to do that.

If was open intermittently, but like many other food outlets at AT it got the chop. Confirmed last year I believe.

I think there may be a bit of rose tinted glasses going on with the whole food situation. As you get older (and grumpier :p) I can imagine your taste for theme park food does not improve. When I first visited Alton Towers about 15 years ago (when according to many the food was much better) I remember we had the worst, most disgusting culinary experience of our lives. I haven't had it so bad since.

As for Emperor's, it needs to be reopened. It was the best place to eat in the whole resort and the capacity is badly needed at peak times.

Can’t be sure but think they were for today, as there was a company buy out today and from what I heard there was entertainment on the lawns.

Would guess the benches would be hired in as there were a lot of them!
52b2defe36a0ff192daa045ddcca040a.jpg

All well and good having plonked down dozens of benches in one spot like a departure lounge.
But as soon as the heavens open, they'll be pointless.

To be fair on Alton Towers, I can only think of two savoury theme park dishes I've had which were actually nice and not too expensive: once at Plopsaland and once at Chuanlord Manor.

Usually I bring my own and just have Doughnuts or ice-cream. If the park was open longer hours (ie there was actually time to stop and sit down) and there were tasty good value options then I would consider it.

I think there may be a bit of rose tinted glasses going on with the whole food situation. As you get older (and grumpier :p) I can imagine your taste for theme park food does not improve. When I first visited Alton Towers about 15 years ago (when according to many the food was much better) I remember we had the worst, most disgusting culinary experience of our lives. I haven't had it so bad since.

As for Emperor's, it needs to be reopened. It was the best place to eat in the whole resort and the capacity is badly needed at peak times.

Can’t argue with being grumpier, but I struggle to think of any single food item which I’d consider good at AT. Burger Kitchen is almost unanimously panned, Pizza Pasta is the basic fare, RCR seems inconsistent at best.

In the past, you could usually depend upon Courtyard BBQ, Secret Garden, Emperors Grill, the chains (KFC, McDs, Pizza Hut), even Wobble World to supply a half decent meal, which was decent quality, fairly priced and without a horrendous queue.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.