• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The little updates from round the park are great to see. Fantastic news about the smiler single rider queue and towers trading looks great. It’s the little touches that makes the difference and it actually looks like they’ve put some effort Into tlc this year. Does anyone know the purpose of all the picnic benches on the lawn Infront of the lake?

The little updates from round the park are great to see. Fantastic news about the smiler single rider queue and towers trading looks great. It’s the little touches that makes the difference and it actually looks like they’ve put some effort Into tlc this year. Does anyone know the purpose of all the picnic benches on the lawn Infront of the lake?
I presume for taking picnics

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

14 quid dont seem too bad when personally I can spend 18 on a dominoes pizza just for myself :grimacing:
You're the guy paying full price at Dominos then?

Whenever I order I pay about £25 for enough to feed 4 (or 2 people for 2 meals). I don't consider that especially cheap either!

I happened to eat at this Pizza buffet last year on my bosses company plastic. The product was just about acceptable but way inferior to any branded pizza takeaway.

I liked Pizza Pasta too, even though I don't tend to have tons of plates of food from the buffet; it is also worth noting that you can get MAP discount, reducing the price to £11.20 per person!

At least dominoes pizza is edible. Unless things have changed drastically since I last went, Pizza Pasta at Alton Towers definitely is not. :p
Most of the food at Towers is of poor quality - lowest cost ingredients used. You only have to visit one of their breakfast buffet's to see this. Sawdust sausages, bacon that you can see practically see through, baked beans that are certainly not Heinz etc.

From what I recall, Pizza Pasta is all deep-pan pizzas (to fill you up on the stodgy base). Thin & crispy pizzas would be much nicer - but the punters would eat more then!

From what I recall, Pizza Pasta is all deep-pan pizzas (to fill you up on the stodgy base). Thin & crispy pizzas would be much nicer - but the punters would eat more then!
I don't know; I quite like thick pizza bases! I suppose it's a matter of opinion, though.

Is it only me who doesn't find Merlin food to be that bad? The Rollercoaster Restaurant was lovely when I went in July 2017, as was Secret Garden when I went in March 2018. As for the breakfast; while I admittedly didn't eat any cooked breakfast in March, the pancakes and toffee sauce I had were perfectly nice!

Take it from someone who's first job was waiting tables in a Pizza Hut: The Merlin own brand pizza buffet serves exactly the same crap as it did when it had a familiar logo above the door. From the same supplier. Cooked in the same ovens, served on the same plates, and shat on by the same rats. It is Pizza Hut in all but name.
... And yes, Pizza Hut is just as rancid. Don't be fooled by misplaced brand loyalty, it's exactly the same food.

Pizza pasta is overpriced but the pizzas are fine (all pizza buffets use deep pan pizzas). Certainly think the pizzas at Towers are nicer than Blackpool’s but the price is just stupidly high.

Rest of the food on resort is mixed, I thought burger kitchen improved a lot last year, and the meal we had at secret garden in February was good quality (though the menu is terribly limited). Breakfasts are naff.

I couldn't really compare the two, but I remember Big Pizza Kitchen at BPB being quite nice when my family and I ate there in August 2018! It had a nice, relaxed atmosphere when I ate there, too!

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, I last ate in Pizza Pasta in 2015, so I probably can't comment on the current quality, to be fair.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.