• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wicker Man failed to open for ERT on 9 out of my 10 visits last season. The one time it did open there was only 10 mins of ERT left at the time of opening.

Oh such optimism!
I have much faith in the rides reliability improving over time.
But no faith in it opening on time every day.
That involves decent planning and sufficient engineering staff.
Merlin have long had issues with recruitment and retention of such staff.
I would have got a pass for next year if I thought I could get round the park by early afternoon on an early start...but no chance.
Because Merlin.

So ruddy annoyed, priced up the hotels from 5th to 7th July for 2 nights and it came up £244 starting in splash for 3 of us with park tickets. Pretty good!

Went to book it next morning and it had gone up to £408.

Erm...... No!

So ruddy annoyed, priced up the hotels from 5th to 7th July for 2 nights and it came up £244 starting in splash for 3 of us with park tickets. Pretty good!

Erm...... No!

That’s fate’s way of telling you to stop giving Merlin money for their ever declining resort hotels. Stay offsite and give your cash to a local B&B instead :)

There lies the heart of the problem. Merlin do not pay anywhere near enough to keep skilled personnel. I'm in tech services at an airport and am on 10k more than Merlin's top line for engineers. If Merlin paid well I'd be applying.

Oh such optimism!
I have much faith in the rides reliability improving over time.
But no faith in it opening on time every day.
I would have got a pass for next year if I thought I could get round the park by early afternoon on an early start...but no chance.
Because Merlin.
You can easily get around the park by early afternoon

Start at oblivion in ert, smiler then work round the park anti clockwise cutting through the gardens up to nemmy and air

Duel,RMT,rapids and you'll get to wicker Man around 1 and the queue will be the shortest it'll be all day because everyone starts there....we did it loads of times last year

You obviously didn't visit when they had the staggered opening times in operation ;)

R-U-NUTS? :eek:
I was actually going to edit and say thatthat stagg ooenings made it hard work!!

Also I should add that we use parent queue share and the Mrs and daughter go on Rita while me and the lad go on hex....I nip on Rita then th13teen together

I see the gardens as a challenge!

I suppose The Gardens offer a good opportunity for exercise, and a good opportunity to take in the natural beauty of the park's surroundings!

Also I should add that we use parent queue share and the Mrs and daughter go on Rita while me and the lad go on hex....I nip on Rita then th13teen together

Now that's cheating ;)

The garden route are no good for any wheelchair users, however I see what you did there, a cunning plan, by posting on here to all the non regulars to cut through the gardens in the hope that they all get lost. The more guest that get lost, then it will mean less people in the queue lines ;)

I was actually going to edit and say thatthat stagg ooenings made it Impossible!!

Just fixed that for you ;)

Despite my age, knees, hips and back, I always try to do the gardens at least once, if not several times, on every visit.
It aids my levels of mental stimulation and enjoyment.
Probably.

Now that's cheating ;)

The garden route are no good for any wheelchair users, however I see what you did there, a cunning plan, by posting on here to all the non regulars to cut through the gardens in the hope that they all get lost. The more guest that get lost, then it will mean less people in the queue lines ;)

Just fixed that for you ;)

Pity you didn't fix my spelling:D

I see what you did there, a cunning plan, by posting on here to all the non regulars to cut through the gardens in the hope that they all get lost. The more guest that get lost, then it will mean less people in the queue lines ;)

You will need some yellow and red paint and some extra marker posts. That will really help with the plan

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Erm...... No!

Try deleting your cookies and see if the price goes back down (if you want to go full Jedi, delete cookies, shutdown PC, turn off rooter for a few minutes then fire everything back up), the Chinese vendors (Banggood, Aliexpress etc.) are well known for this trick of using cookies to increase prices of items you've viewed on return visits - knowing Merlin, this kind of adaptive pricing trick would be something they'd like a lot because not a lot of people book first time they price something up.

Just at towers for nye
Blades supports are just outside rollercoaster restaurant
Galactica track is getting a bit of a repaint
They’ve cleared the trees and branches around tree top quest

Maybe treetop will reopen?
Blade supports? Is it getting removed ?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.