• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looks like the water park price has increased also, can’t remember exactly what it was last year but remember it being cheaper than what it is when I loooed for April

That's if he even has a drive. :p

I’d love to know how people like TPWW afford to do all the mega trips that are always posted across twitter etc. I have a fairly good job and there’s just no way on earth I could afford it never mind the weeks off at a time that are needed for such things, I mean the guy must have had 4 America trips alone last year.

Are they paid for by the parks or companies for promotion and publicity or does YouTube or twitter actually afford that kind of lifestyle?

I realise this may come accords as sour grapes but it’s not I’m just genuinely interested how the hell people do it. Unless I’m totally useless with money

I guess it's combination of parks inviting him to visit, and also the revenue generated from YouTube views covering flights/spending money etc.

If you look on Google there are calculators which give an estimate of YouTubers earnings based on views.

I realise this may come accords as sour grapes but it’s not I’m just genuinely interested how the hell people do it. Unless I’m totally useless with money

I can usually scrape a holiday to America each year, alongside two or three long weekends in Europe... and I can’t say I have the world’s best job. I did have a YouTube channel for a while too, not particularly successful, but still made £500 a year on the ads. With a bit of travel savvy and bargain hunting, I wouldn’t imagine his trips are entirely impossible off the back of his online earnings and a little subsidisation from wages.

I’d love to know how people like TPWW afford to do all the mega trips that are always posted across twitter etc. I have a fairly good job and there’s just no way on earth I could afford it never mind the weeks off at a time that are needed for such things, I mean the guy must have had 4 America trips alone last year.

Are they paid for by the parks or companies for promotion and publicity or does YouTube or twitter actually afford that kind of lifestyle?

If you watch his travel vlogs he usually breaks down the cost. For instance, his portaventura trip was dirt cheap. Ryanair flight for about £40 return, and stayed in a hostel for about £100 for 3 nights if memory serves

I meant cus the rides seem to be unreliable at start of the season

They can be a bit tetchy early in the season but it’s hard to give a definative on how bad or good they will be. It’s usually about a week into the season that rides start to struggle as the new parts that are a bit duff give out.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.