• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I would imagine, give the court case with DMP, that they will throw caution to the wind until that is cleared. At least that seems obvious to me.

:)

Last year, we had a very popular thread on here: 2018 Park Operations & Reliability. I think it is fair to say that even with a train down here and there on some rides last weekend, things are evidently far superior.

As of yesterday we had Galactica running a full service (3/3), Nemesis full service (2/2), Smiler full service (4/4), Rita full service (2/2), Th13teen full service (3/3) with only Oblivion (4/6), Wicker Man (2/3) and Spinball reduced (5/7). I understand Oblivion will be back to dual station operation at weekends/holidays very soon indeed, with Wicker Man hopefully on 3 by the main Easter holidays.

With Rapids now open, too, we're now only awaiting the opening of Enterprise. In addition, staggered openings are much less impactful now compared to this time last year meaning queues spread much better, Wicker Man has actually been opening on time (9.30am) and the Monorail is running 4 trains most of the time. There's also less fastrack on Rita this year meaning the queue is slightly shorter, and VR has gone from Galactica - doubling the throughput. The only snags for me are the continued absence of baggage on Th13teen and Smiler, although with these rides, at least Th13teen now has an additional host on the platform to deal with the exit gate and assist riders with baggage from the front car and Smiler has a merge host and SRQ.

The main issue now regarding queues being perhaps longer than they should/would have been, is the generally reduced support ride line up in the park than there was previously.

Otherwise, generally far better start to the year.

Last edited:
I think they have more to worry about than legionnaires with the cesspool water the rapids use
:p
He means because it's a legal requirement to run water systems that come into contact with people once a week to stop Legionnaries spreading.

There could be lots of reasons why they were testing, to keep the pumps from seizing for example, but sounds like it it's a very good sign for the future anyway

The return off SRQ on smiler will reduce increase my queueing time but overall it was the right thing to do as there was so many empty seats going last season.

Was at Legoland last weekend and on every ride I had “You’re secure” at restraint check. Is this happening at Towers?

“You’re secure”

“Cheers, It wouldn’t budge for me, I’m glad the end result was the same for yourself which has made me confident to ride in the knowledge that what I had just done before your arrival already determined it.”

The return off SRQ on smiler will reduce increase my queueing time
Which is it and why? Surely you're either in the SRQ, potentially saving time, or not in the SRQ in which case it makes no difference?

Was at Legoland last weekend and on every ride I had “You’re secure” at restraint check. Is this happening at Towers?
This seems to be a LLW specific thing - they started making guests far more aware of the restraint checking process a couple of years ago, to the detriment of efficient operation.

Reactions: D4n
Which is it and why? Surely you're either in the SRQ, potentially saving time, or not in the SRQ in which case it makes no difference?

This seems to be a LLW specific thing - they started making guests far more aware of the restraint checking process a couple of years ago, to the detriment of efficient operation.
It makes a slight delay to fastrack having fastrack and main merge at the bottom instead of fastrack going up the left.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

So you're complaining that your wait time has been somewhat extended over everyone else's being reduced by ensuring every seat is filled?

It's generally a 1 train wait at most on the stairs, not the end of the world.

Several of us were stuck in the Misery Maze for about 70 min on opening day due to the a combination of the large quantity of fastrack and RAP and generally poor operations (not helped by the baggage arrangements).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.