• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019 General Election Poll and Discussion

Which party will you vote for at the 2019 General Election?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

• Other

• Not Voting/Can't Vote

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not Yet Decided

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Does a Theme Park Technical Designer count as a proper job?

Think wisely about your answer ;)

Also, they promised to vote against rises in fees regardless of the number of seats they had and then did the opposite... apparently in exchange for the vote on AV

people just go to uni for the easy life,
have no intention of paying the loans back,
get a proper job i say !
:cool:
DiEpHmj.jpg

Was it just me or was the queen sniffling?

Most unbecoming.

Regardless the speech offered nothing (and very little to see if the queen too with her head hung so low and such a wide brimmed hat). A few dodgy pledges to try and spin some positives.

Wasn't expecting much of course, maybe a union jack hat to counter the previous "EU" hat.

I think it's ironic that the Liberal Democrats take 100% of the stick for the trebling of tuition fees when it was actually a Tory policy. Sure they should get stick for voting it through but they're not the ones who came up with it. Everyone seems to forget that.

They get the stick because it was their election manifesto to scrap them, I know every political part lies and backs tabs but at least the others are subtle about it, yes it was the Tories who proposed the increase, but the Lib Dems could have stopped it.

It is very telling just how much Nick Clegg hates "Dave" now, very.

I think it's interesting how much grief the Lib Dems get for something occuring when they were coalition that they were opposed to vs. parties with majorities who don't deliver things that they have promised that they were apparently supportive of.

They stopped the Tories doing plenty when they were in coalition, just this one gets remembered because they both failed and saddled the vast majority of people who put them into coalition, into debt for life after promising they wouldn't.

@IanSR I understand the argument you are making, but equally less than half of Lib Dem MPs at the time did in fact vote for tuition fees. A number of those who did vote for them, were in the cabinet - it's not as simple as it is portrayed.

Tuition fees are such a controversial subject, needlessly so in a lot of ways. If you are going to be put 'into debt for life', tuition fees are about the least damaging type of debt you can have given the way repayments are triggered and structured.

It's payment toward a fairly noble and sensible end. It's not buying Dominos with a pay day loan.

Last edited:
@IanSR I understand the argument you are making, but equally less than half of Lib Dem MPs at the time did in fact vote for tuition fees. A number of those who did vote for them, were in the cabinet - it's not as simple as it is portrayed.

Tuition fees are such a controversial subject, needlessly so in a lot of ways. If you are going to be put 'into debt for life', tuition fees are about the least damaging type of debt you can have given the way repayments are triggered and structured.

It's payment toward a fairly noble and sensible end. It's not buying Dominos with a pay day loan.

Yep, would people find it easier if it was "graduate tax" instead of a "student loan"?
I don't think the state should pay for the whole cost of optional education. But those who truly cannot afford it should be given assistance, those who can pay should pay and those in the middle can repay it over their working life as a tax (this is essentially what the student loan does).

Our government can't be trusted

" The Chancellor has ordered ministers to identify savage cuts to departmental budgets - despite promising before the election that "no department will be cut next year" "

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/polit...au_TtbhYcTQSF6FDIuNmyL-vfqk1alhNdfC7Ql8IJd2uo

By the time they've finalised the cuts it'll be 2021 and they've kept their promise, and by then we'll be out of the EU and shitting money so all the cuts will be reversed. Maybe.

I cant be the only one seeing the hilarious poetic justice in having a Tory landslide in charge of Brexit, simply because the left wing parties wouldn't let us leave...it was all preventable...

Yes people forget it's been a Tory government this entire time. If at any point the Tory party agreed they could have easily passed Brexit.

It's also worth mentioning that the exact withdrawal agreement we have now with a border in the Irish sea was one of the first solutions may came to.