• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2019] Hotel Krønasår

EPFans.info have posted a review of the pre-opening of Hotel Krønasår along with many photos; well worth a look!

They do comment that Bar Erikssøn may be a little bit too small for the hotel, although outdoor seating in the summer months will help with this. A pity if true as I thought Bar Erikssøn was going to be split over two floors, however from what I can see the the stairs to the upper level lead in to Cafe Konditori.

Once Rulantia is complete it is going to be quite wonderful sitting out on the terrace with a drink on a barmy summers evening!

They've also posted a walkthrough video of the ground floor:

we are staying in two and half weeks time and will be interested to see how late the hotel shuttle runs as we wont have a car. In some places on the website it states its runs only during parks hours, where in another place states will run much later into the evening (something like midnight). Hopefully does run later as we want to try some of the restaurants/bars at the other hotels.

Yup Erikssøn looks very small away from the Summer months, very much like Spirit of St Louis is too :(. The upper floor is a strange one. It seems as though it's split in two between Café Konditori and an additional seating area for Bar Erikssøn. You can see the two halves in the pictures from EPFans:

1558377424.jpg

1558377718.jpg

The video below also shows it a little better:

I'm not too sure on the cafe, looks like it'll do great coffee but the seating seems a little uncomfortable? As well as the stairs from the bar, there's an entrance to the cafe from the main atrium on the 1st floor too.

we are staying in two and half weeks time and will be interested to see how late the hotel shuttle runs as we wont have a car. In some places on the website it states its runs only during parks hours, where in another place states will run much later into the evening (something like midnight). Hopefully does run later as we want to try some of the restaurants/bars at the other hotels.

We're staying on opening night, so we'll be updating on here and on EuropaStreet's Facebook and Twitter so will let you know :)

The video below also shows it a little better:

I'm not too sure on the cafe, looks like it'll do great coffee but the seating seems a little uncomfortable? As well as the stairs from the bar, there's an entrance to the cafe from the main atrium on the 1st floor too.

Eeek, the end of that video really does show just how small Erikssøn is; looks like it could be one of the smallest bars across all of the hotels based on the downstairs alone. Hopefully staff will take orders from the additional upstairs seating as well although the split does looks rather strange.

The thing is, if you come across a bar that is full at any of the other hotels then you can just move on and try another bar. That won't be an option in Krønasår. But then maybe with the hotel being on its own they are not expecting the bar to fill up so quickly seeing as there will not be guests from other hotels. Time will tell I suppose.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I think this hotel looks quite naff from the inside. The outside looks nice but the inside feels like Bell Rock minus a lot of the theming. I was expecting a bit more.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I think this hotel looks quite naff from the inside. The outside looks nice but the inside feels like Bell Rock minus a lot of the theming. I was expecting a bit more.

Naff would probably not be the word I'd use personally, but I do kind of get what you're getting at. It does look quite minimalist and simple in places compared to the other hotels. That said, that does come with the Scandinavian theme I guess so the theming is perhaps on point just not to a lot of people's tastes?

I think the Scandinavian-chic motif definitely goes some way to explaining a more minimalist appearance, however I’d argue that this doesn’t appear to be how they market the hotel. Indeed the “Museum Hotel” tag evokes visions of a particularly detailed environment with lots of interesting objects spread throughout.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some last minute additions. If there aren’t I think there’s a slightly confused theme.

I think the Scandinavian-chic motif definitely goes some way to explaining a more minimalist appearance, however I’d argue that this doesn’t appear to be how they market the hotel. Indeed the “Museum Hotel” tag evokes visions of a particularly detailed environment with lots of interesting objects spread throughout.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some last minute additions. If there aren’t I think there’s a slightly confused theme.

Some of the longer POVs on Youtube show some more cabinets with theming in so there is some stuff there. Just like Voletarium, I'd imagine stuff will get added over time and indeed the next week of touch ups will like add some new stuff too. I'll await my full opinion when I see it for myself next week :)

I agree, I was expecting a more 'full on' Night at the Museum style interior with every corner packed full of artifacts etc. A bit more of a colourful family feel as opposed to the slightly bland interior.

It feels a bit like Splash Landings without the Splash.

While I agree that what we have seen so far looks to be not quite up to EP's usual standard, any comparison to a Merlin hotel is a bit melodramatic.

It's certainly no worse than The Callaghan's from an interior perspective.

The hotel is evidently less heavily themed inside than the others. Partly Scandi-chic.

It'll be a conscious decision; offering a range of hotel styles will be the name of the game here.

It'll not be my favourite I am guessing but it's another string to their bow and one thing's for certain: the physical build quality will be far beyond what most resort's pull off. The rooms are pretty well themed also.

Re: Shuttles... well, it's barely 12 mins walk from Bell Rock.

,:)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As you're probably aware, today is the press conference and inauguration of of Krønasår! Europa-Park have released the following video:

Along with the Krønasår Facts & Figures:
Europa-Park said:
General

Name: Krønasår – The Museum-Hotel

Hotel Resort: Sixth Europa-Park Hotel

Classification: 4* superior

Beds: 1,300

Jobs in the Hotel: approximately 250

Theming: In the style of a natural history museum, Nordic ambience

Building

Gross floor area: 30,981m²

Floor space: 5,816m²

Floors: 7

Rooms and suites: 304

Parking spaces: 725, out of which 2 are for electric vehicles; spaces for e-bikes

Equipment

Rooms: 276 with a size of 29 to 49m², two of them are disability-friendly

Suites: 28 with a size of 47 to 92m², three suites have their own extendable sauna

Meeting rooms: ‘Kon-Tiki’ with 29m² (up to 16 people); ‘Vineta’ with 300m² (up to 260 people)

Additional facilities: Hotel-Shop ‘Butik Krønasår’; 2 kids play areas; Luggage Storage; Cashpoint; Connecting bridge with direct access to the water world Rulantica for guests of the hotel ‘Krønasår’; Themed lake; Area: 4,500m²

Catering

Restaurants: Fine dining-restaurant ‘Tre Krønen’

- 220 seats inside;140 seats outside, as well as exclusive ‘Chef’s Tables’ for up to 20 people

Restaurant ‘Bubba Svens’

- 650 seats inside and 260 seats outside
- In the style of an old boat house

‘Bar Erikssøn’

- 2-storey
- 140 seats inside; 190 seats outside
- In the style of Nordic discoverer

‘Café Konditori’

- 65 seats inside
- Scandinavian country house style

The best photo of Tre Krønen thus far:

D7VGJ1rWwAAPVna.jpg

EuroMaus has been looking as terrifying as ever:

And don't you just love this photo of Roland on a boat!

Thanks, although thought it was further away than it actually is so the walk wouldn’t have been an issue.

Yep - I timed it in January and to walk from the front entrance of Hotel Bell Rock to Hotel Kronasar took 13 minutes.

I would imagine the bus shuttle will run more frequently during the morning peak and the hour before/after park closing. I can't see it being as frequent late at night. I guess once Rulantica opens it will increase in frequency.

:)