• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop - Junior Drop Towers for CBeebies Land

I'm sure the local planning authority would love to see the back of Spinball Whizzer, but if Alton Towers removed it then what else could they build in its place? They wouldn't be allowed to build anything like that in its place. It would also be the loss of another 1.2m ride which the park desperately needs for its younger audience.

I'm sure the local planning authority would love to see the back of Spinball Whizzer, but if Alton Towers removed it then what else could they build in its place? They wouldn't be allowed to build anything like that in its place. It would also be the loss of another 1.2m ride which the park desperately needs for its younger audience.

Dark Ride themed to a CBeebies IP of choice would be ideal, with the CCL refresh also building an Arthur style attraction to consider the lack of 1.2m attractions...

Meanwhile in reality.......

Spin ball will be sacrificed for an SW that slightly pushes the planning boundaries somewhere else in the park. Otherwise it will stay put.

(off topic) Reckon there is enough room for a indoor flume in that area if Spinball went?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cbeebies land took the entire space and maybe a bit more - seems the change from Storybook Land to Cbeebies was a big success in their eyes and I would half expect a 'CBBC' land too

(off topic) Reckon there is enough room for a indoor flume in that area if Spinball went?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cbeebies land took the entire space and maybe a bit more - seems the change from Storybook Land to Cbeebies was a big success in their eyes and I would half expect a 'CBBC' land too

Yes. Going off something like Rugrats Lost River at BPB.

Spinball should be moved to the X sector as enterprise though is loved by some is common and therefore will not be a super big loss. Project hip hop is indicating that cbeebies land will expand. The driving school will probably be moved there too. Cloud cuckoo land will probs be turned into a heritage area and have the next SW ride themed too a similar theme to dungeons. Or be a extra ride with similar theming to the smiler and be a Mack Mega coaster

53361194_2205645932811815_3232224419388588032_n.jpg

Edit: There will also be a new Teletubbies Live show in the Big Fun Showtime arena:

53514142_10156695052536201_7205245102933934080_n.jpg

Last edited:
Peter Rabbit as a theme for the drop tower isn't too surprising, but I must admit I'm surprised to see them put a Teletubbies show in! The last time I saw Teletubbies on TV was when I was very small!

I did my year ten work experience on Teletubbies.
Twenty two years ago.
Good to know Towers are keeping up with the latest trends.
Actually, come to think of it, I think Teletubbies might have been relaunched a couple of years back. It's in CGI now, though; as good as it might be for young children, it'll never be the same to me!

Peter Rabbit even has links to Alton Towers' history, which is why I find it a somewhat fitting choice!