• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

Doesn't seem to have been posted here but I'm pretty sure EuropaStreet Facebook posted that a Scandinavian theme for the water park had been confirmed. EP's website also has some 2018 information.

We've already seen some plans/sketches for the hotel, here is one for the waterpark:

thumb_122279946.jpg

:)

Michael Mack's just tweeted a photo from the GAZPROM conference room, where they're discussing the water park plans. You can spot Jurgen and Roland but alas, no (obvious) Thomas.

CwvZ9vEWIAIQtDi.jpg:large

I am getting impatient waiting for further details on this!

Let's not forget that the hotel will open inside 19 months and the water park within 22!

There's surely going to be more of an annoucement early next year? It feels like we've known about this for such a long time but only sketchy details have come out in the form of photos taken of presentations at various events over the past 12 or so months.

Indeed it has been! And construction begins within a matter of weeks!

Hello

Was talking to a staff member in the hotel about this last week and he said something interesting.

He told me that he's not sure what the scale of the Water Park will be. Originally it was supposed to be a major water park that would be a huge undertaking but he hasn't heard anything in a while apart from that the project has been scaled back considerably.

Obviously take it with a pinch of salt, but hopefully it's still going to be a huge addition to the park and not a small add on.

I got the impression from our Q&A over new year, that their priority was to get the hotel built first. The water park may well end up happening in stages.
But lets be honest, with EP at least you know it will get done eventually... And when it is, it will be first rate.

Plenty was discussed, Europa-Park management are very open when it comes to speaking about certain aspects of the park! Pretty sure there are plans for us to publish the questions and answers in the near future so watch this space!

Construction on the new hotel is due to start in February though and they want it open ASAP (it will open before the waterpark).

EP have shown off a hotel and water park concept image at today's press conference:

C8PQkiWUMAApKQn.jpg

And a look at how construction is progressing:

C8PQkjtUQAEv7r8.jpg

Needless to say it looks brilliant! Bit of a Bell Rock vibe about the hotel layout.

Clearer image from the Europa-Park (Fans) Facebook page:

17634403_1482380221772827_1360378793083040868_n.jpg

I love the hotel part, with its architectural references to the cities of the Hanseatic League (I think this is the theme, rather than specifically Hamburg but I might be wrong...)

A little concerned that expansion of the waterpark would be difficult, and the tower that the water slides come off is a bit ugly.

The building for the pool may be a bit on the "functional" side of design... but will anyone ever actually see it from the side shown in that image?

I suppose there is only so much you can do with indoor waterpark design. You need a massive building and fully theming the exterior would be a major cost. So long as the interior and exterior areas seen from the hotel and other public areas looks well themed then I'll be happy. Towers actually did a really good job with Splash/Cariba, although this looks somewhat larger!