• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

Final product in not looking like concept shocker. Where have we seen that before? Most theme park projects!

It does not look like a "white box". When you are there it is a very impressive lobby.

I'll take that as a no it doesn't look like the concept.

I never said that it does. However, it does not look as you describe it having seen it in a few photos.

Having to jump in here...

You cannot compare Kronosar to a white Box. It is a stunning hotel. I've been in it and can see no difference in detail to the other hotels.

The concept photo of the lobby above is pretty accurate.

I mean, I’d say it’s pretty damn close. But maybe that’s me, I hadn’t actually been for an eye test when I visited in July. In person. For 5 days. Soooo...

0fe2e754a74ff0b863604b55c1ba597f.jpg

a2d6077ab5b61ca7041c821f256ad37d.jpg

bd19dac4244621ee450794df3ea924e9.jpg

ca010dca59817dcc402204c0cd7d22b1.jpg

On the topic of white boxes however, I must thank you for reminding me of that time I visited a lovely white box in Spain!

353fa6f5d53201ccb1ccef02d53eac4e.jpg

c3fd2a3b8d8079c531bf09e332a093ef.jpg

Anyway, let’s not forget again. This is a topic about Rulantica! :)

Last edited:

I mean your first problem here is you are comparing a concept of the reception area with a picture of the bottom of the stairs and lifts.

This topic is amusing. No one has tried to suggest this is the greatest water park in the history of water parks. It’s nice, it’s well themed and it looks like fun. Why you feel the need to go full on troll baffles me?

I mean your first problem here is you are comparing a concept of the reception area with a picture of the bottom of the stairs and lifts.

This topic is amusing. No one has tried to suggest this is the greatest water park in the history of water parks. It’s nice, it’s well themed and it looks like fun. Why you feel the need to go full on troll baffles me?

The problem with people on here is if you don't share the same opinion as other people, you're automatically a troll. I too said it looks nice I just said it wasn't as themed as it was made out to be, which other people agreed with as well.

And @Sammy the two lobby's are very much alike in terms of amount of theming, the only difference is Kronasar has the skeleton. Other than that they're pretty alike. When I say neither of them have a lot in them.

Its a great addition to the park and let's not forget this is only phase 1 of the whole Rulantica project. I can't wait to check it out next year.

Rome wasn't built in a day...so let's just enjoy seeing this new attraction from the park grow and grow.

I personally think Rulantica looks like a stunning waterpark, especially compared to other indoor waterparks; the only other indoor waterpark I can think of that would even come close from a thematic perspective is the Alton Towers Waterpark, and that has a considerably smaller slide selection, so I'd say that Roland and co are onto a definite winner here!

However, don't take a comparison to a Center Parcs waterpark as an insult; I've been to the Longleat Forest waterpark numerous times, and while it's not themed as such, it actually has some very nice landscaping and rockwork, as well as a fun slide selection! In fact, I'd go as far as saying that I'd actually prefer to visit Center Parcs' waterpark again over visiting Alton Towers Waterpark for the first time in over a decade.

The problem with people on here is if you don't share the same opinion as other people, you're automatically a troll. I too said it looks nice I just said it wasn't as themed as it was made out to be, which other people agreed with as well.

And @Sammy the two lobby's are very much alike in terms of amount of theming, the only difference is Kronasar has the skeleton. Other than that they're pretty alike. When I say neither of them have a lot in them.

See that’s not really what’s happening, there are loads of differing opinions on here, some people are loving the whole thing, others are critical and most people bring some sort of narrative to explain their opinion whatever that might be. You troll, your aim isn’t to provide a nuanced argument, you just hate on various things and get angry when people call you out on it.

Try engaging in the discussion rather than throwing out soundbites that always for some mysterious reason take us back to PA.

See that’s not really what’s happening, there are loads of differing opinions on here, some people are loving the whole thing, others are critical and most people bring some sort of narrative to explain their opinion whatever that might be. You troll, your aim isn’t to provide a nuanced argument, you just hate on various things and get angry when people call you out on it.

Try engaging in the discussion rather than throwing out soundbites that always for some mysterious reason take us back to PA.
I just want to clear a few things up and get this thread back on topic:

1) I'm not angry in the slightest, without this coming across the wrong way, I don't care enough to troll, yes I have a large interest in these developments, but I'm not going to throw a fit (like some) because someone's opinion differs from mine. If other people think its up to Europa Park's standards, that's perfectly fine, but in my opinion I think it could be better.

2) I never brought up PA in the first place, other members trying to 'troll' me about a park I previously liked (not so much now) brought up the comparison images, not me. It looks on par with PA or most probably better, I never said otherwise.

3) I don't hate EP at all, I've very much enjoyed my previous visits to the Resort and I'm planning another for the near future.

To conclude, I don't love PA, I don't love EP, I just enjoy visiting various parks and reading about their developments. I'm honestly not interested enough to 'troll' people about them, no matter what people say, it makes no difference to me who likes them and who doesn't. Hopefully we can move on now without any random PA or troll comments because I can assure you I'm as fed up with them as you are. :)

Last edited:
Quite an interesting read. It sounds like refillable drinks will be sold as well.

It will be Coca-Cola Freestyle machine refills, €16.50 if purchased online or €17.50 if purchased on the day for one day refills.

There's a lot of heavy language being bandied about in this topic. I have tried to avoid the discussion as I am finding it a little tiresome - but I think it *would* be fair to say Rulantica perhaps isn't quite as heavily themed as the expectation may have originally been - but that's probably down to the sheer cost of the project (remember this is a private business paid for entirely in house) and the fact it is an indoor water park - therefore the roof naturally causes it to be a little less immersive. The fact it isn't the second-coming-of-Christ isn't really an issue for me, this is merely phase 1! We're going to get loads more Rulantica in the next few years. All that said - I think at night it looks great.

But for once, it really is a case of - let everyone visit and then make up your mind.

As for Kronasar, I reject the idea that the lobby isn't well themed. It's actually the most impressive thing in the hotel - absolutely fantastic.

:)

Last edited: