• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

Our trip this new year to Europa-Park was my first since last years fire. I was surprised at how normal it felt for Scandinavia, one of my favourite areas of the park, not being there. It probably helped that the fire happened 7 months previously and a lot had been posted online but I was pleased that it did not seem overly noticeable or have a negative impact on the park experience.

I am amazed at how quickly the reconstruction of Scandinavia is coming along. It looks like the new basement area is now fully constructed and many building walls are up. They are putting a huge amout of resource in to this project with two massive cranes on site along with one smaller crane.

Preparation of the site for Pirates also seems to be taking place.

EDIT:

Here are a couple of photos from last week:

49633963_10161318055950343_6108807937302462464_o.jpg

49542349_10161318056020343_6489985318454820864_o.jpg

Notice the new artwork on the walls of the buildings behind the back of the Fjord Rafting!

Last edited:
It’s difficult to get a real “feel” of an area from one elevation. Especially since the street is so narrow your experience of walking through it is total different to looking at this elevation, which is a view you’d never see in person.

Having said that, this does look like a slightly less polished aesthetic than the original (and perhaps even with less detail). It reminds me a little of Norway, especially the left half. I just hope that the intimacy and atmosphere of that original narrow and detailed streetscape is retained in the rebuild.

No, I’m fairly confident that it is the side that faces the street. Otherwise the tower on the right would be being rebuilt in a different location to where is was previously (which is entirely possible, but I think unlikely).

That's what I tought at first. But then what's the shaded out bit below ground level, if not to go beside the rapids trough?

Pretty certain that the concept is from the Fjord Rafting side of Scandinavia, just mirrored for some reason. You can see that the building on the far left of the concept is the same building seen in this photo, only now the back of it will be red rather than yellow:

Europa-Park_Skandinavio_7.jpg

The facades facing Fjord Rafting in that concept are certainly more different than I was expecting them to be. The profiling of the buildings is pretty much the same however the styling has changed, parts of it seem a little less authentic and more whimsical. The Vineta building for example seems far more detailed!

I can't make my mind up yet as to whether or not I like the changes. I am however looking forward to seeing the finished product.

As that facade is facing the Norwegian area of the park they seem to be pushing the theme more in that direction which makes sense to be fair.

Reactions: Rob
I guess that is why it looks quite like Krønasår because it’s themed to Norway on the back, facing the rapids.

Pretty much looks same buildings, so guess they be replacing it almost like for like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty certain that the concept is from the Fjord Rafting side of Scandinavia, just mirrored for some reason. You can see that the building on the far left of the concept is the same building seen in this photo, only now the back of it will be red rather than yellow:

Europa-Park_Skandinavio_7.jpg

The facades facing Fjord Rafting in that concept are certainly more different than I was expecting them to be. The profiling of the buildings is pretty much the same however the styling has changed, parts of it seem a little less authentic and more whimsical. The Vineta building for example seems far more detailed!

I can't make my mind up yet as to whether or not I like the changes. I am however looking forward to seeing the finished product.
That makes an awful lot of sense now... I had a go a flipping it round to see what it would look like:
64269DD3-FBC1-4C33-BFA2-8C63825E6659.jpeg

I like what I’ve seen so far, although I’m not that familiar with what it looked like before the fire, so it’s a bit difficult to compare. It certainly does look more fantasy inspired than a real life representation, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It almost has a slight Rulantica vibe to it.. :)

I can only hope that Vineta will finally become the fully fledged attraction that it deserves to be!

Certainly an interesting development though, I wonder what it will turn out to be? I'd imagine it is a fairly small and limited space.

I guess with it being built from scratch they could have a basement under the whole of that area up to the rapids for a ride.