• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

[EXPLETIVE], that's spreading fast. Do they have "water bomber" planes in Germany, or is that just an American thing? Might be time to call them in if they do.

Time to go down Bar Buena Vista, have a nice Long Island Iced tea, and wait for all this to blow over.

Ride close was scheduled for 8pm I believe? So people will be leaving anyway. Perhaps they felt it was safer to let people leave that way instead of ordering an evacuation and causing panic etc.

Apparently they're still operating rides. That may have changed though.

Awful news about the fire, hopefully they can get it under control as soon as possible.

Apparently they're still operating rides. That may have changed though.

Awful news about the fire, hopefully they can get it under control as soon as possible.

The park was open during the incident, @AstroDan is currently there (although off park) and noticed Silver Star running with guests until 7:30pm local time - with park close being 8pm. Whether that means they closed 30 mins earlier than planned is difficult to say for definite though.

Oh. My. God.

DeJMrhDX0AUc73i

Really saddened to see this :( The Scandinavian area was one of my favourites in the park. I'm glad no one was injured though and EP will bounce back from this. Be interesting what happens next.

Oh my god that's awful! I've never been to Europa Park, where in relation to that picture is the boat ride that has been destroyed?

The Norway/Scandinavia area backs onto the Pirates in Batavia show building (the green roofed building in the below image. The red circled bit is where that sign is. All those brown roofed buildings backing onto Pirates appear to have been destroyed, and from the image above it would appear the ones opposite have also been affected.

EbfNkIq.png

Sad times :( soo glad no one is hurt.

We could see the smoke from 20 miles away and all the trucks with blues and twos on the A5s.

If anybody can rebuild from this, its Europa :)

Right, I have fifteen bottles of beer, a liter of rum, 54 Marlboro lights and 20 Benson. I think I will manage to get through tonight. See you on Skype.

I've never visited the park, but nether less this is still devastating and I hope no one is hurt.

It makes you wonder how safe theme parks are with regards to fire, especially where most attractions are make out of wood and other flammable stuff.

Shocking fire!

I’m not looking forward to see the devastation it’s left. I can live with losing Batavia, it was a good ride but I’m sure Europa can do much better than a second rate Disney clone. Scandinavian is the real loss, but again I have faith they can re-imagine it even better.
What worry’s me is any damage that couldn’t have been done to Fjord Rafting (one of my favourite rides) or the church... because what other parks have a legitimate Norwegian Church!