• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

That'll do Craig!

I've been using that turret to try and work it out but it's been 4 years since I was last there and videos of dark rides always miss stuff.

Looking at the pictures this Fire could have been so much worse. What has been lost is completely destroyed but Holland is mostly standing and Fjord seems to have miraculously remained unscathed.

Indeed. Without the great work of the fire service then it is quite possible that this could have spread even more and destroyed that entire backstage area, or have spread towards Blue Fire and/or Historama.

I think there is extensive damage to the first tunnel on Fjord Rafting though, it seemingly goes underneath the warehouse where the fire began. Even if the theming survived, I cannot imagine that the tunnel is structurally sound.

:)

Sorry can't link an image properly at the moment. A few fire engines have gone to the park sirens and flashing lights on.

The site has been smoking all day hopefully it hasn't reignited.

Just took this of the engine from the B&B.

Fingers crossed it's nothing

Last edited:
Sorry can't link an image properly at the moment. A few fire engines have gone to the park sirens and flashing lights on.

The site has been smoking all day hopefully it has reignited.

Just took this of the engine from the B&B.

Fingers crossed it's nothing

Is it definitely toward the park? Can't work out where you in Rust are from the picture

Ah good point, we might be being a bit sensitive, it would be heading towards the entrance of the park. We forgot other things exist in Rust :oops:

Edit:It was heading up Fischerstraße toward the pizza restaurant, post office. We're in Ferienwohnung Misita.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like anything related to last night then if it's heading toward the entrance as that'd be the wrong side of the park for access. Phew! :)

Yeah seems so, an ambulance and police has just gone past now which would seem unlikely needed at an evacuated park. Hope whoever needs that is also ok.

Sorry for the false alarm people. As you were :)

Not sure what's happening now... Looopings tweeted this just now:

"Fire trucks with wailing sirens at #EuropePark. No idea why, but it does not promise much good."

Edit - Just to add to Rob's view above....I'd be really surprised if this was related to anything happening at Europa-Park. The orange arrow shows where the video was recorded from, with the yellow box being the fire station. Then on the left is pirates in red, and the access road to "backstage". They're going the wrong way to deal with anything related to last night's fire.

Its devasting to see this happen. Can't imagine how the staff and Mack family must feel. But I'm sure Europa will rebuild and most likely make it better than ever before. The prospect of a new modern take on the Pirates dark ride at Europa is exciting.

No idea. I really really hope not, but Looopings are usually pretty reliable...
hahahaha Looopings.nl and reliable are two words I would never ever put together.

I know it's pretty obvious it was nothing at the park, but just to confirm that the fire engines were heading up to Kappel-Grafenhausen to the north of Rust. The road leading to it runs through the village (Karl-Friedrich Strasse along past what used to be Elzpark for those that know Rust), which is why they didn't use the access road.

Spotted one more photo on Twitter which shows what's left of the interior (ie nothing)

DeRqAb1W4AAKqI5.jpg

From looking at the position, I think this is the animatronic that's ramming the cannon at the end of the battle scene after the first drop:

You can see it in the video below after a few seconds too: