• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: Europa-Park General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've just spent 3 days at Europa with some friends from this site and something has really stood out to us. At which other parks in the world can you rock up to one of the hotel restaurants and the park owner is dining just feet away from you? Not only that, but where else would you find one of the owners dining in the same park eaterie as yourself with the same food having a business lunch? Absurd. Wonderful.

Didn't feel it was worth a thread until more is known but EP have filed a trademark for the name "MackQuarium".
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020202289499/DE

Curious. Wonder if its an actual aquarium or aquarium themed attraction, and for the park or Rulantica?

Looks to be more for a cocktail bar, drinks, and serving food within a cocktail bar. Don't think it's a new attraction, but maybe a new bar venue themed to an aquarium along with branded drinks/food? But it's wierd they would go with Mack branding..even if it was an attraction.

Looks to be more for a cocktail bar, drinks, and serving food within a cocktail bar. Don't think it's a new attraction, but maybe a new bar venue themed to an aquarium along with branded drinks/food? But it's wierd they would go with Mack branding..even if it was an attraction.

I guess it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve named a bar after themselves - see O’Mackays.

Mackquarium does seem a bit of a stretch though.

The Mackquarium is a ground-breaking concept in which a variety of tropical fish have been fused with the DNA of the Mack family. I don't have the requisite photoshop skills to bring this to life, but I'm sure you can all imagine a Rainbow Shark with Roland's face.

With the trademark being as Steve said for food and drink I'd guesa then this will be the new restaurant beside YULLBE the Macks mentioned last year.

Since the park will stay continuously open through November this year the park are now promoting the extra weeks as HalloWinter - as the park decorations change from the Halloween to winter seasons. Tickets are 50 euros, Atlantica and Fjord Rafting closed for the Winter attractions prep.

We had a great few days at EP at the start of August. However, some areas were below expectation in spite of understanding that Covid-19 is impacting the operation.

• 6pm closing is simply too early. Whilst it is 7pm at weekends, it should be this every day.
  • Too many outlets remain closed. Buena Vista was closed during the week and outlets like Spices, O'Mackays Bar and Walters Wurst are a real loss.
  • Breakfast is largely unenjoyable. Queues, Queues Queues - and less selection than normal in spite of the same price.

Eeek, I had not realised that so many outlets were closed at the park. I guess it is less of an issue at EP than other parks due to the sheer amount of outlets in the first place but it is disappointing none the less. But on the other hand it is probably saving them a pretty decent amount of money at a time when their overall revenue will be way down, especially with practically no or very limited Confertainment and events which they likely make a fortune on.

Last edited:
Eeek, I had not realised that so many outlets were closed at the park. I guess it is less of an issue at EP than other parks due to the sheer amount of outlets in the first place but it is disappointing none the less. But on the other hand it is probably saving them a pretty decent amount of money at a time when they're overall revenue will be way down, especially with practically no or very limited Confertainment and events which they likely make a fortune on.

Yes. To be honest, the loss of O'Mackays was probably the WURST for us. Just because we do like a pint and that bar has the best beer selection in the entire resort.

Oh well! Hopefully next time!

They do seem to be open until 7pm daily now until 13 September, which is positive.

Any signs of when the outlets might reopen? Half the enjoyment for us is nipping into O’Mackays to listen to the music or the Spices terrace to watch Fjord Rafting. It’d be a real miss to not have these available.

Just looked on the Europa site and can’t see any evidence of the extended hours to 7pm? Very interested as I am going for my first ever time on Sunday for 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked on the Europa site and can’t see any evidence of the extended hours to 7pm? Very interested as I am going for my first ever time on Sunday for 2 days.

It's there on the park hours page :)

VnuYhfB.png

This is great news! 7pm will really add value to the day at EP. 6pm honestly felt so short - even with modest queue times.

I’m going on Sunday, arriving that evening and staying at Hotel Kronosar. Will be on park Monday and Tuesday for the first time. Very excited. Any tips? I’ll get ERT as a hotel guest so guess I should hit up Blue Fire first but what should be my plan of attack after that?

I’m going on Sunday, arriving that evening and staying at Hotel Kronosar. Will be on park Monday and Tuesday for the first time. Very excited. Any tips? I’ll get ERT as a hotel guest so guess I should hit up Blue Fire first but what should be my plan of attack after that?

Gates open 8.15am so get a bus from Krønasår around 7.45am to make the most of your time.

ERT Plan:

1. Alpenexpress
2. Blue Fire
3. Wodan
4. Fjord Rafting

100% ride Fjord before 9.45am as it's one group per boat so queues build.

Then whatever!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Interview with Roland Mack about the park's financial situation this year, the season extension and how if successful we may see more season extensions in the future.
The "Europapark" in Rust in the south of Baden wants to extend its season in November this year because of the corona pandemic. However, due to the limited number of visitors, the leisure company is still expecting red numbers this year.

"We cannot earn money under these circumstances. In 2020 we will write a balance sheet loss," said the founder and managing partner of Germany's largest theme park, Roland Mack. This is still manageable because the company is well managed and has a low level of debt. "In the long term, however, we cannot survive with the current situation," said Mack.

The number of visitors is limited to 15,000 per day due to hygiene rules. Between 30,000 and 40,000 guests looking for fun and thrills are normally common on summer days. With the extended opening in autumn some numbers could possibly be caught up again.

"And if we have good experiences with it, I can well imagine starting the new year much earlier than usual, in other words at the beginning of March and not just at Easter," says Mack. In January and February, however, it makes no sense to open "Europapark" because of the cold.
https://www.rnz.de/nachrichten/metr...aengert-saison-bis-november-_arid,535293.html

EP have been (quite rightly) called out on Twitter for the African area, the jungle boat ride and the 'Colonial Food Station'.

Interestingly in the park's somewhat tone-deaf replies, they say that the African area will "soon be reconsidered."

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.