• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The disabled access guide on the Alton Towers website appears to have been updated for 2020 and now includes the new Gangsta Granny ride.

pxfXLdk.jpg

Cuckoo Cars is now listed as being in ‘The Towers’ section of the park along with Hex and The Dungeon.

YAAQHE5.jpg

Also, it appears that the Blade lives on to fight another season.

S1uz1m4.jpg

Whole scene going today at ATR! I will be uploading a couple of short clips to the TS Facebook page later on, but we saw:

• Work being done on lighting towers in the car parks
  • Jet washing taking place on Towers Street
  • Monorail testing with 2 trains running
  • Galactica testing with 2 trains (possibly 3, but unsure) running
  • We heard Smiler testing
Exciting! Not long now!

• Monorail testing with 2 trains running
But how much TLC has been done to it is the real question. Management knew it was unacceptable how grubby it was at the back end of last year, but have they acted upon it?

But how much TLC has been done to it is the real question. Management knew it was unacceptable how grubby it was at the back end of last year, but have they acted upon it?

When you say Management, who do you mean? There’s about a thousand layers of management, and the ones who are usually aware of issues like the filthy monorail are normally the ones who have no control over budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say Management, who do you mean? There’s about a thousand layers of management, and the ones who are usually aware of issues like the filthy monorail are normally the ones who have no control over budgets.

Both senior management and the area management responsible for the monorail's operation.

Both senior management and the area management responsible for the monorail's operation.

Area management have no control of budgets to a useful level. All the cleaning performed by the rides team is from the “training” budget, both time wise and financially.

Senior management? I’m assuming by that you mean the SLT. They don’t care about the monorail unless it’s down during arrival/departure time, then they don’t leave the thing alone.

Area management have no control of budgets to a useful level. All the cleaning performed by the rides team is from the “training” budget, both time wise and financially.

Having worked for the company myself also, I'm fully aware of this. I'm simply stating they were made aware of a social media post by TowersStreet last year showing the disgusting state and sought action to rectify it hours after the post was made. Whether this has been carried out remains to be seen.

Senior management? I’m assuming by that you mean the SLT. They don’t care about the monorail unless it’s down during arrival/departure time, then they don’t leave the thing alone.

By senior management, I'm referring to those at the top of the Resort (not stepping past into the RTP management section of the Merlin group). Despite the opinion of many on the forum, there are people within it that do care and can highlight this when receiving budgets in order to address the issue.

Having worked for the company myself also, I'm fully aware of this. I'm simply stating they were made aware of a social media post by TowersStreet last year showing the disgusting state and sought action to rectify it hours after the post was made. Whether this has been carried out remains to be seen.

By senior management, I'm referring to those at the top of the Resort (not stepping past into the RTP management section of the Merlin group). Despite the opinion of many on the forum, there are people within it that do care and can highlight this when receiving budgets in order to address the issue.

Making them aware on social media isn’t how they become aware of issues like this. Issues like this they are fully aware of long before somebody breaks the exclusive news story that the monorail is vile...

Making them aware on social media isn’t how they become aware of issues like this. Issues like this they are fully aware of long before somebody breaks the exclusive news story that the monorail is vile...

And yet having spoken to a member of management that day, the social media post is what brought about the call to action.

And yet having spoken to a member of management that day, the social media post is what brought about the call to action.

Trust me, the ride staff working on the rides, and the area management are fully aware when things look awful. The senior management are made aware, and pretend everything is fine until the public notice. When I worked with the monorail, the only time you’d see the SLT was if it went down during peak times, or if they were visiting the hotels. During both of these times, they’d never speak to the staff working on the platforms or trains.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.