• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Single rider on Spinball is gone now, that queue is used for fasttrack now. Today was a poor day on park, Wicker Man was shut all day and Smiler only opened for around two hours. Most times I trekked over to an area of the park the ride I wanted to go on was down. Blade and Enterprise simultaneously closed all day wasn't good either.

I know there is some on here who will defend Towers with ride downtown today and next weekend because “the season hasn’t started yet” but both these weekends aren’t free and have been paid for so you would expect the park to have it ready.

Customer service never that good on social, just remember “it’s better than nothing”

While this is true. These are planned maintenance schedules. This would have been known to the companies and reflected in the price they pay.

In fairness, the companies probably purposly choose to hire out the park in the off season, when some attractions are closed, so that they get a better price for their company. That's business

Was another train added on Rita at any point?
Maybe I'm being dim (as I often am) but surely if they sold today out that's like selling the park out for fireworks? Would they really have a low capacity ride like Rita on one train at fireworks? It just seems like they had a can't be bothered attitude regarding operations based on what people are saying on Twitter.
I think I've messed my point up completely but then again, it's Merlin, so who knows?

They probably wouldn't have Rita on one train at Fireworks unless there were a serious mechanical fault with the other one. Not much point in repairing it for the end of the season if it's gonna get maintenance done to it over the winter anyway.

Maybe I'm being dim (as I often am) but surely if they sold today out that's like selling the park out for fireworks? Would they really have a low capacity ride like Rita on one train at fireworks? It just seems like they had a can't be bothered attitude regarding operations based on what people are saying on Twitter.
I think I've messed my point up completely but then again, it's Merlin, so who knows?

I’m pretty sure that ticket numbers for Services Day are considerably smaller then Fireworks but someone with more knowledge may correct me otherwise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite sure how they work, but these buyout days are not like selling out for fireworks, where you can expect circa 20,000 guests.

Rita was one train all day with a queue going well past the tunnel. I don't know the specific numbers but buyout days are capped well below a normal weekend attendance. I've been to sold out John Lewis ones in the past where almost everything was walk on.

I've just read a guest comment on Alton Towers Twitter page that says Annual Pass discount is no longer accepted at Pizza and Pasta in Katanga Canyon. Does anyone know any more information about this?

Also regarding the previous comments about their Twitter page. Every complaint has has the same cut and paste response and reading their other posts there's that many mistakes and spelling errors it's a bit of a joke for a large company.

Last edited:
While this is true. These are planned maintenance schedules. This would have been known to the companies and reflected in the price they pay.

In fairness, the companies probably purposly choose to hire out the park in the off season, when some attractions are closed, so that they get a better price for their company. That's business

On Friday Alton Towers responded to multiple guests asking about planned ride closures (i.e those still under winter maintenance), they were told:

When Wickerman failed to open they were told:

It is pretty clear that they knew full well this ride would not be opening but chose to hide this from paying visitors because they knew people would not be happy. Apparently the trains haven’t been signed off from maintenance yet, this didn’t just become clear at 10am on Saturday morning, they would have known in plenty of time.

Furthermore Rapids, Battle Galleons and Enterprise were closed with no signs of life.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.