• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well that’s that then
qSWTmVR_d.jpg
Don't wan't us enthusiast ride time watcher to see how terrible their ride down times are o_O

Despite Merlin being in it for the £££ I can’t see them opening if there was a ban / restriction on large gatherings.

Imagine the criticism they’d get on social by certain types of people being “disgusted” that restraints / seats / seatbelts <insert anything you touch> wasn’t cleaned each time.

Some of that criticism would be valid from past years, Smiler restraints anyone...

Let’s wait and see if / what’s announced by the government but one thing Merlin do need to get right is communication!

"We are expecting low numbers of visitors.
All food outlets will be closed, please bring a picnic.
Please keep one metre distance from other geeks at all times in the queuelines."
That would do wouldn't it?

"We are expecting low numbers of visitors.
All food outlets will be closed, please bring a picnic.
Please keep one metre distance from other geeks at all times in the queuelines."
That would do wouldn't it?
Wouldn’t work at PB though Mandy would have a stroke at letting people bring food in :D

If the attractions do end up closing, do we think that Merlin would extend MAPs for the period that they're closed for? Or will it still run out when it's due to run out?

Only asking as I bought a Premium MAP for the first time this year (I'd already bought it before all the coronavirus hysteria began), and I'm hoping that I can get as much use out of it as possible!

Last edited:
If the attractions do end up closing, do we think that Merlin would extend MAPs for the period that they're closed for? Or will it still run out when it's due to run out?
I think that would depend if all attractions closed. If everything closed then to avoid upsetting customers it would be best to extend passes until things reopen.

But if it was just the parks that closed / restricted then they may take the view you can still use a MAP so nothing is needed to be done.

Of course park only passes should be extended but then you’d open the moaning of MAP saying they should get something as well.

All comes down to being a responsible business and wanting to keep customers happy even though this is out of everyone’s control.

Customers remember goodwill gestures

Doesn't seem to be a good day at park today, no Nemesis, Spinball Whizzer, Smiler, Enterprise, Congo River Rapids, Duel, Postman Pat, Peter Rabbit or Blade!

Coronavirus or coronavirus why would anyone want to go rushing to Alton Towers to ride the 120 or so seconds gangstagranny ride when poultons have a whole new well themed area ?? I guess that's why they have to rely on season passes or MAPS because people feel they have to make use of them. Poultons don't market them but get the visitors coming because they care and offer a well themed experience and probably make a better profit .

Coronavirus or coronavirus why would anyone want to go rushing to Alton Towers to ride the 120 or so seconds gangstagranny ride when poultons have a whole new well themed area ?? I guess that's why they have to rely on season passes or MAPS because people feel they have to make use of them. Poultons don't market them but get the visitors coming because they care and offer a well themed experience and probably make a better profit .
Paultons 134 miles, Alton Towers 9 miles. Me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I meant to the whole general public across the UK Merlin a multi billion company second only to Disney launch. .......... a 120 second ride with TV screens and a family company. . .......... a whole new themed area! Mmmmmmmm I wonder who will win the trip advisor award this year??

Paultons doesn't have Nemesis tbf

To be honest this crisis could hit merlin worse than the smiler incident if some predictions come true. What is left to cut?

There is no doubt this will hit them harder as a company than the Smiler in terms of lost revenue.

Legoland Japan has been shut since end of Feb, Legoland Florida and California are also closed. I suspect lots of midways in the US and Asia will also be shut or shutting soon.

This is before you even start to consider the European attractions.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.