• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
:eek::hearteyes: Towers open at the end of the month
H9zpOKy.png

Nope, never going to happen, it's a ploy to get people to part with there hard earn cash in paying for park tickets and hotel stay's that are never going to happen, only for the park to offer refunds in the form of worthless vouchers and fast track tickets o_O
I don't want to book anything for Towers, or be a part of a booking for anything Towers-related, until I know exactly what's happening. Even for Fireworks in November, which is still quite a way off, but I really don't want to take any chances on this.

I don't want to book anything for Towers, or be a part of a booking for anything Towers-related, until I know exactly what's happening. Even for Fireworks in November, which is still quite a way off, but I really don't want to take any chances on this.
I’d take a gamble on a flex premier inn, least you know you get full refund for it

Yeah, they're absolutely not gonna open by the end of this month. Who knows when this lockdown is gonna end first and foremost, and I agree that theme parks will probably be one of the last places to be allowed to open. I mean - Towers might not even open this season.

Maybe they'll open for Oktoberfest, Scarefest, Fireworks... those events are far enough away that hope isn't completely lost. If they do open then they should consider staying open longer towards Christmas to recoup some revenue.

Maybe they'll open for Oktoberfest, Scarefest, Fireworks... those events are far enough away that hope isn't completely lost. If they do open then they should consider staying open longer towards Christmas to recoup some revenue.
I can't see Fireworks weekend and social distancing working very well together. I wouldn't be surprised if the event is scrapped this year and returns next year.

well you would think by fireworks the majority of people will have had covid and those few that havent the hospitals will be able to cope with the admissions so no need to keep so far apart

The thing is. The information as to when Alton will be allowed to open will be public knowledge, as the same guidance will affect alot of other business. Be it large, small, corporate or private.

As of yet the government have announced nothing, making it pretty easy to correctly conclude that this is incorrect.

Whenever the park opens again, I think it will be busy. People will want to blow off some steam after months of being inside, and what better way to do that than a theme park?

Arguably, a good Q3 & Q4 could help offset some of the losses from Q1 & Q2, thus minimising the long-term effect that it has! Obviously an extended period with no revenue will have a long-term effect regardless, but if the park has a really strong period of being open, then it might help offset some of the losses made. For example, if they open again in June and stay open until the end of the season with decent crowds, then they will be making more profit for Q3 & Q4 than they did in a number of past seasons (2015-17 come to mind in particular).

Well if you look at China, they turned things around in about three months. I understand they're not out the woods yet and things are not back to normal, but things are slowly returning to normal. Optimistically we could be in the same place in three months so by the end of the summer holidays I'd like to think things are getting back to normal here. It's conjecture of course but I'm trying to balance best case against worst case.

[Edit to add reply to Matt N]

It could go either way. At the end of the year, people could be ready to go and blow the cobwebs off, go to leisure venues, pubs, restaurants, etc... conversely people might be financially in a bad place, so will minimise leisure activities. Who knows.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.