2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

With towers they may pop over to have a chat but park ejections are incredibly rare due in part to it's location.
    I may be ever so slightly biased but towers security are awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Surely they'd want to do that so they could catch them in the act and report them. :p

3. imanautie

Didn't you also see island security with boots full of booze?...

4. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

All the confiscated booze That was going to be “destroyed “
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: 23rd Apr 2020
    MakoMania, ThisGuy and imanautie like this.
  5. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

It seems everyone has forgotten now that we're still in lockdown, it's been the busiest I've ever seen it at parks

6. Danny

Danny Gugu Rides’ Number 1 Fan

Favourite Ride:
    Unknown - Parque dos Elefantes
    People have given up because they realise there are very little consequences to them personally.

Until of course they get symptoms.

Stevie, Poisson and BarryZola like this.
  7. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

As the year progresses and the daily government updates are broadcast, I'm beginning to think towers and other theme parks won't open at all this year.....

8. Mr Pearse

Mr Pearse TowersStreet Member

Sometimes is for the best, but tho how bleak it looks we never know what’s around the corner yes I doubt it would open till after August if they could social distancing accordingly but then that’s the choice they goto make if they are aloud. We will just have to wait and see . But I doubt you’ll get any events this year.

9. BeccaH

BeccaH TowersStreet Member

Alton Towers are still reluctant to say anything at all to season pass holders, so I think they're holding out some hope of having a 2020 season of sorts.

10. imanautie

The same thing applies to all of the attraction specific passes last time I checked

Skyscraper and BeccaH like this.
  11. Mr Pearse

They will keep changing it every few months, just like the hotel bookings every few weeks offering to change bookings for free. I think when July comes and the park hasn’t opened and they still not saying anything about the passes I think that’s when people will get annoyed.

Skyscraper and BeccaH like this.
  12. BeccaH

BeccaH TowersStreet Member

I just hope something will be said at some point. At the minute I get that things are very uncertain and I don't blame them for not giving any answers but by July time I'd like some sort of pointer. Hopefully they'll follow the likes of BPB and offer some way of upgrading to a Merlin pass, which is what we were planning to do for 2021.

Skyscraper likes this.
  13. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    They'll probably need to sort out social distancing measures first. They won't be able to open at all till those are in place.

BeccaH likes this.
  14. Mr Pearse

Well if it’s possible they will avoid refunds every way possible. So surely by July they should offer all pass holders the chance to move the passes to 2021. But then what do you do with Merlin pass holders, if the park can find a way to open with social distancing I still don’t think the midways can open for a while. So the Merlin pass holders are missing out. It’s just a big can of worms that is going to be a while to get sorted.

BeccaH likes this.
  15. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

Merlin passes I would expect they will keep adding an extra month on for every 4 weeks closed after all they want you to have the pass so when they do open you’ll visit so they can start making money

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  16. Mr Pearse

That’s the only flaw I can find and they haven’t made it clear. If the theme parks reopen then the passes are valid from then. Well that’s how I’m reading into it as the parks are open and you can use your passes. But if the midways don’t open for the rest of the year then you are losing out still because you are not getting full use of the pass. I think all they have to do is clarify it in a few months as I could be wrong but that’s the way I’m reading it as once the park is open then the 4 weeks added are over as we open for business.

BeccaH and Skyscraper like this.
  17. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Thinking of the social distancing aspect....

The bars and restaurants could reopen if they remove seats and tables to space people put more.

Arcades won't be open in the hotels or on site

Mini golf I would expect would be open as would tree top quest of they did it in groups of people from the same household

I can't see how the waterpark would open

Monorail may be only for those with mobility problems, others will be asked to walk

All indoor rides may be shut completely, particularly hex

Markings on the floors in the queue lines to keep 2 metres apart from the person in front perhaps, and an empty row of seats between you and the people behind. Not sure how queues that zig zag particularly the smiler would work though.

If it did open, the queues would be horrendous!

djtruefitt likes this.
  18. Mr Pearse

If they opened like that it would purely because they can open. But that is the reality of the issue and that’s how it would have to be if they reopened, but the big issue they need to look at is the fact yes it would be lovely to have the park open but Jaysus guest satisfaction would definitely be at an all time low. There’s no way with the restrictions that would be in place that you could make it enjoyable for the average customer.

BeccaH likes this.
  19. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

And the conclusion

They won’t open.

:(

20. Islander

Islander TowersStreet Member

I think guest satisfaction would be their lowest concern atm sadly, they'll just want to open as soon as they can, in whatever capacity they can, to get at least some quantity of cash flow back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.