• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Was at Towers with a friend who works there a while back and they seemed nice when he chatted to a couple of security staff. He then mentioned that he saw someone smoking cannabis on the lawns (why?) And they were off straight away to find them.
With towers they may pop over to have a chat but park ejections are incredibly rare due in part to it's location.
I may be ever so slightly biased but towers security are awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

As the year progresses and the daily government updates are broadcast, I'm beginning to think towers and other theme parks won't open at all this year.....

Sometimes is for the best, but tho how bleak it looks we never know what’s around the corner yes I doubt it would open till after August if they could social distancing accordingly but then that’s the choice they goto make if they are aloud. We will just have to wait and see . But I doubt you’ll get any events this year.

Alton Towers are still reluctant to say anything at all to season pass holders, so I think they're holding out some hope of having a 2020 season of sorts.

They will keep changing it every few months, just like the hotel bookings every few weeks offering to change bookings for free. I think when July comes and the park hasn’t opened and they still not saying anything about the passes I think that’s when people will get annoyed.

I just hope something will be said at some point. At the minute I get that things are very uncertain and I don't blame them for not giving any answers but by July time I'd like some sort of pointer. Hopefully they'll follow the likes of BPB and offer some way of upgrading to a Merlin pass, which is what we were planning to do for 2021.

I just hope something will be said at some point. At the minute I get that things are very uncertain and I don't blame them for not giving any answers but by July time I'd like some sort of pointer. Hopefully they'll follow the likes of BPB and offer some way of upgrading to a Merlin pass, which is what we were planning to do for 2021.
They'll probably need to sort out social distancing measures first. They won't be able to open at all till those are in place.

Well if it’s possible they will avoid refunds every way possible. So surely by July they should offer all pass holders the chance to move the passes to 2021. But then what do you do with Merlin pass holders, if the park can find a way to open with social distancing I still don’t think the midways can open for a while. So the Merlin pass holders are missing out. It’s just a big can of worms that is going to be a while to get sorted.

Merlin passes I would expect they will keep adding an extra month on for every 4 weeks closed after all they want you to have the pass so when they do open you’ll visit so they can start making money

That’s the only flaw I can find and they haven’t made it clear. If the theme parks reopen then the passes are valid from then. Well that’s how I’m reading into it as the parks are open and you can use your passes. But if the midways don’t open for the rest of the year then you are losing out still because you are not getting full use of the pass. I think all they have to do is clarify it in a few months as I could be wrong but that’s the way I’m reading it as once the park is open then the 4 weeks added are over as we open for business.

Thinking of the social distancing aspect....

The bars and restaurants could reopen if they remove seats and tables to space people put more.

Arcades won't be open in the hotels or on site

Mini golf I would expect would be open as would tree top quest of they did it in groups of people from the same household

I can't see how the waterpark would open

Monorail may be only for those with mobility problems, others will be asked to walk

All indoor rides may be shut completely, particularly hex

Markings on the floors in the queue lines to keep 2 metres apart from the person in front perhaps, and an empty row of seats between you and the people behind. Not sure how queues that zig zag particularly the smiler would work though.

If it did open, the queues would be horrendous!

If they opened like that it would purely because they can open. But that is the reality of the issue and that’s how it would have to be if they reopened, but the big issue they need to look at is the fact yes it would be lovely to have the park open but Jaysus guest satisfaction would definitely be at an all time low. There’s no way with the restrictions that would be in place that you could make it enjoyable for the average customer.

If they opened like that it would purely because they can open. But that is the reality of the issue and that’s how it would have to be if they reopened, but the big issue they need to look at is the fact yes it would be lovely to have the park open but Jaysus guest satisfaction would definitely be at an all time low. There’s no way with the restrictions that would be in place that you could make it enjoyable for the average customer.
I think guest satisfaction would be their lowest concern atm sadly, they'll just want to open as soon as they can, in whatever capacity they can, to get at least some quantity of cash flow back

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.