• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Wicker Man and Smiler ones are "professional" ones though. Interestingly the Smiler one is pre-incident because you can see "Half way corrected" on walls at the 2nd lift hill just as they cut to halfway up. Clearly cut to avoid showing the phrase! And filmed while testing because of the engineer on the walkway at the 1st lift hill and end brake run.
How come that was removed? Just part of a general effort to tone down the messaging after the incident?

What I have noticed with the povs is the definite distance in popularity with the smiler and wicker man from the rest of the rides. They have so much more views it shows the others up.

What I have noticed with the povs is the definite distance in popularity with the smiler and wicker man from the rest of the rides. They have so much more views it shows the others up.
Newer rides so less people will have ridden them (somewhat, especially Wicker) and with them being new they'll naturally have more popularity.

“Showing the others up” seems like a bit of a weird term to use. I have noticed you are a bit obsessed with the Smiler being better or more popular than the others. I used to work at Towers, mainly on Nemmy and Duel, and from my perspective of asking people what their favourite rides were, Nemmy would nearly always be the pick for older people, enthusiasts (and particularly enthusiasts from abroad who, in a lot of cases, come to Towers solely for Nemesis), Galactica was a huge hit for younger pre-teens who think the VR is cool and many would mention the connection to different gaming systems, and Wicker Man and Smiler were more popular but it seemed more so with the general public who would tend to judge a ride on different factors than others.

This may seem like a sweeping generalisation but the point is everybody has different preferences and therefore different rides they prefer. It’s not really about comparison of these rides. You love The Smiler for whatever reason, I prefer Nemmy. They are both very popular with different people for different reasons.

I was going to post something about the people who fapp over the smiler being at the lower end of society.
But I won’t :confused:
No no no I'm sorry I'm not having that. Joke all you want about what you think about the smiler I don't care but 'lower end of society' is an insult and will just annoy a lot of people. As said already, everyone has different opinions on rides. I prefer the smiler, but I don't judge the people who prefer nemmy. I express my opinion about why I think it's better but not about the people who have the opposite opinion

All I can go on is what I see
I see a certain type of people heading and fapping outside the smiler entrance.
And another type around Nemmy.
Nemmy is more tea and biscuits with the vicar :D

More realistically speaking (and steering away from the above ...)

The Smiler will have had a period of a lot more clicks and views when it made national news after the crash , prompting searches from the wider public who may never set foot in the park . The YouTube algorithm rewards more popular videos in the long term by boosting their visibility .

From this , the next most relevant attraction at Towers is the newest ride , Wickerman , so that will be coming up in the recommended section for anyone who watched an initial video on the smiler

Between the YouTube algorithm and the unpredictability of other factors , this is not the best milestone to judge popularity of rides .

It’s also fair to say that your favourite ride might not be someone else’s - and that’s fine ! No need for criticising someone for what they enjoy

Let’s face it. We all spend most of our time getting excited over products that are mainly aimed at children through to young adults. The Nemmy fans and Smiler fans are embarrassing together, let’s be proud!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.