• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think this is what isnt helping the situation. Chessie have had pass tickets out for a week or two, legoland release them today, Thorpe Park seem to be just silent all round. And towers have sold out of day tickets but no news on pass tickets yet.

This sounds like Merlins' left hand and right hand both knowing what the Coronavirus is doing and what the Government response will be. Trouble is the left and right hands are not both attached in Poole.

One things guaranteed, if it is announced that theme parks are reopening tomorrow then the forum's going to get an influx of new members and posts awaiting the new season

Sent from my 5033X_EEA using Tapatalk

This sounds like Merlins' left hand and right hand both knowing what the Coronavirus is doing and what the Government response will be. Trouble is the left and right hands are not both attached in Poole.

Or the left hand is in Windsor and the right hand is in Chessington, left foot in Staines and right foot in Alton. The parks have a reasonable amount of autonomy and this does seem to be evidenced at the moment quite clearly.

Even look at the queue time board and the fact Chessington have ordered LED screens twice as big as Alton has.

Unable to accept payments for any given date, despite numerous payment options and dates. Oh dear.

Unable to accept payments for any given date, despite numerous payment options and dates. Oh dear.
My dad was having the exact same problem when trying to book us a reservation; I wonder what the issue is?

One thing that's not clear for me is if you are staying on Resort, do you still need to prebook a ticket or are they allowing hotel guests in their daily quotas?

Although on my passholder prebook E-ticket it does say proceed to turnstiles and scan this barcode, but there is no barcode.

Anyone else done a passholder ticket?

Although on my passholder prebook E-ticket it does say proceed to turnstiles and scan this barcode, but there is no barcode.
I also had that last week for my Warwick & Chessington tickets but oddly the Towers ticket last week showed a barcode but these new ones don’t.

It wasn’t an issue last week though they just check the date and then scanned passes instead.

I booked Chessington tickets and they did not have a barcode. The Alton Towers tickets I just bought do have a barcode though.
One thing that's not clear for me is if you are staying on Resort, do you still need to prebook a ticket or are they allowing hotel guests in their daily quotas?
I should've checked the FAQs :oops: It now says that Annual Pass / Season TIcket holders who are staying on the resort hotels do not need to prebook.

I should've checked the FAQs :oops: It now says that Annual Pass / Season TIcket holders who are staying on the resort hotels do not need to prebook.

Its been that way for the fireworks pre-book for a while, they basically assume everyone in the hotels will enter the parks.

Working now; we booked MAP reservations for 12th July!

Interestingly, 4th and 5th had already been blacked out by the time I went on there; demand is high, it would seem!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.