• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So here’s a general discussion point (I don’t think it warrants a thread of its own)

With the Retrosquad set to leave at the end of the season, and The World of David Walliams also in need of enhancements, it’s (in my opinion) naive to think both issues will be addressed for 2022. Given that what do you think is more important to be addressed for next season?

- 3 Replacement Flat Rides for the Retrosquad
- Further additions to WODW

Personally, I think WODW *could* coast on the success of GG until 2023, so my vote goes to new flats . But I’d be curious to hear your thoughts

This probably does need its own topic (2022 additions?).

I would say both, it could be three flat rides, one for the Ripsaw (Funk'n'Fly) site, one for the Submission (Mixtape) site and one for the Twirling Toadstool (Flavios Fandango) site.
That way it goes some of the way to address the Walliams area too by keeping Flavios effectivly.
But I also think a show should move back into the theatre. They are doing them on the lawn this year, but offering an indoor show is much better weather wise!

Enterprise having a bit of a special moment today
97a3abbf95b663afcc296aba6fbe9913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yikes. :eek::oops:
Was anyone on it when it stopped?
No, not sure whats going on with it. Its still rotating albeit very slowly, and the arm moving up and down slightly. I got a video, its been doing it for a while.

No, not sure whats going on with it. Its still rotating albeit very slowly, and the arm moving up and down slightly. I got a video, its been doing it for a while.

Yeah that's odd. Could you post the video if possible? I wouldn't be surprised if Enterprise is removed soon. Definitely approaching the end of its life.

I think that is pretty standard in test/tech service mode for a Huss enterprise isn’t it? Must just be having general tech issues that they are dealing with and testing etc.
Yes I think you are right, as I got a better view out of the Mixtape queueline I could see them working on it.

Mods feel free to delete as I didnt mean to create a false narrative; interesting to see nonetheless!

Yes I think you are right, as I got a better view out of the Mixtape queueline I could see them working on it.

Mods feel free to delete as I didnt mean to create a false narrative; interesting to see nonetheless!

Ah that's good then. When the time does come through it should be replaced by a new-gen one. :)

CkXVqSmXIAU-Ro5.jpg

I thought the actual Enterprise model that Alton Towers had was relatively new, having been replaced by a brand new Enterprise in 2013 when Smiler opened and X-Sector was refurbished? Or did I make that up?

I know Huss also does a modernised Enterprise 2nd generation model, available with standard gondolas, floorless gondolas or a combination of both: https://www.hussrides.com/en/classic-rides/enterprise-2g2gh

With a capacity of 1,200pph, it would certainly be good for Towers if they did ever want a new Enterprise!
I was all for them replacing Enterprise with a Zamperla Endeavour until I rode the one at Kentucky Kingdom. Now I'd rather they kept Enterprise.
What was wrong with the Zamperla Endeavour, out of interest?

I was all for them replacing Enterprise with a Zamperla Endeavour until I rode the one at Kentucky Kingdom. Now I'd rather they kept Enterprise.
Do you mind if I ask why? I got the chance to try Dreamland Margate's one a few years ago but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Edit: @Matt N beat me to it :p

They have had a ride called Enterprise for nearly forty years, I am not sure how many components are 40 years old!

Didn't one of the Thorpe rides end up at Alton to be harvested for parts?

The various gondolas in these photos from behind the scenes at Towers some years ago certainly look like they are from Zodiac at Thorpe Park based on the colours/theming. I guess they were used for parts for Enterprise.

https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/behind-the-scenes/storage-areas/

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.