• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In other news it looks like The Smiler has had a bit of a clean. And are those multicoloured (and out of place) picnic benches new around Challenge The Smiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
IIRC the benches have been there for quite a while now, I think I remember seeing them there last season at least.

Those benches are from Cloud Cuckoo Land, they were moved over when work started on David Walliams I believe.

Smiler queue does looks fresher, and maybe the Oblivion queue line buildings too.

To be fair that ride doesn’t look too bad, they’ve removed the bushes and replaved the area around it, it’s got also proper fencing around the ride and it does fit in with the area. I imagine with some themed signing around the ride it won’t look out of place at all. Enterprise is basically a traveling ride, made to look permanent.

it could be far worse, they could have just dumped the ride on the grass and that’s it.

However I’m not sure how the other rides across the park will fit in as they won’t have queue lines near them to use, unless they also add perm fencing in.

To be fair that ride doesn’t look too bad, they’ve removed the bushes and replaved the area around it, it’s got also proper fencing around the ride and it does fit in with the area. I imagine with some themed signing around the ride it won’t look out of place at all. Enterprise is basically a traveling ride, made to look permanent.

it could be far worse, they could have just dumped the ride on the grass and that’s it.

However I’m not sure how the other rides across the park will fit in as they won’t have queue lines near them to use, unless they also add perm fencing in.
I'm guessing the one on the Ripsaw site will use Ripsaw's old queue line, I'm not sure where the other attractions we going but it wouldn't be much effort for them to concrete a few temporary posts in the ground.

I'm guessing the one on the Ripsaw site will use Ripsaw's old queue line, I'm not sure where the other attractions we going but it wouldn't be much effort for them to concrete a few temporary posts in the ground.
All of the ripsaw queue was removed. There is a bit on the other side of the path, which I believe Blade uses now, and of course the bridge was removed, with the rest of the queue on the ripsaw side of the path being covered over.

On another note, with rumblings of new events this year (some are claiming to officially know there are new events) what would everyone like to see?

On another note, with rumblings of new events this year (some are claiming to officially know there are new events) what would everyone like to see?
So expected events
Oktoberfest (not confirmed yet but most expect it to come back)
Scarefest (not confirmed yet but they would be foolish to cancel it)
Fireworks (can only happen if social distancing is over)
Christmas (given the survey the park put out, they are planning one)

Personally I would like to see a summer party with longer opening hours, live entertainment and a parade.

I would like them to do some kind of late spring/early summer music and food festival running at weekends and also may half term, start in the second half of may and run until early July. Similar set up really to Octoberfest but with more summer themed international food and drink options, along with live music.

Then during the 6 weeks summer holidays push opening a little later, with some added entertainment and some summer themed activities around the park.

There will definitely be some new events this year, on top of the ones we saw last year. We're 100% going to see a Christmas event for day guests (as we have seen the questionnaire as evidence of that) - but I am 90% sure we'll see something in May and presume also we'll see something in summer.

If there's entertainment, food and drink - job is a good 'un. Hopefully they can mix up where on the park they take place, especially given they have so many areas (lawns, directly in front of Ruins, Fountain Square).

Fully expecting a dynamic and interesting season for the park. making the most of the space they have to deliver safe and secure events. They can capitalise on the pandemic.

Well bring on queueing an hour for wicker man, th13teen and the smiler and getting walk ons on nemesis and oblivion. Classic towers

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.